OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: kmod-acx-mac80211 to backfire 10.03.1

The content of this topic has been archived on 14 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi i want to run wpa2 encryption on my DSL router but to that i need kmod-acx-mac80211 kmod, but this kmod is not in backfire 10.03.1 it is only in trunk, but i cant run trun on my router. So my questin is if i can to get that package to 10.03.1 and how?
i m quite new in linux, but i can compile openwrt by this :

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/obtai … re.compile

but i dont know how to tell that i need package from trunk to backfire. (if it is possible)
tx for advices and sorry for my eng.

I have now built a version of backfire for ar7 with a recent kmod-acx-mac80211 included in it.
It also has other change wrt switch (to get mv88e6060 working again) and does not include luci web-interface out of the box.
http://openwrt.enyc.org.uk/openwrt/back … 30-r27838/
(make sure you read Simon-Notes.txt)
This build does work on ADSL+Ethernet, but I have not yet tested wireless functionality.

I can't get the switch to work on build backfire-2011-07-30-r27838 as the driver doesn't seem to be being loaded.

I am trying to download the image builder so that I can experiment with drivers but it is being terminated after 30MB. Would you be able to help me get hold of the full archive ?

Thank You for any help.

FWIW, that build was before 10.03.1 was released....
If you read Simon-Notes.txt there it will tell you that actually that driver build never seems to work/load smile.

I believe, the problem with the switch was fixed in the 10.03.1 release version -- i.e. all 4 Ethernet ports work.  AFAIK there has never been working VLAN configuration support for that marvell chipset ethernet.

Also, to have WPA2 Wireless working (TNETW1130 ONLY -- e.g. DG834Gv2), NOT on TNETW1350A (e.g. DG834Gv3) you need a later wireless driver in e.g. a 'trunk' build which I may be able to find you at least a binary of...

The build linked above is probably not so useful any more smile.

The discussion might have continued from here.