OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Backfire 10.03.1-rc5

The content of this topic has been archived between 1 Jul 2017 and 1 Jul 2017. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

15 July 2011

The OpenWrt Release Team would like to announce a fifth release candidate (RC5) for Backfire Interim Release 1 (10.03.1).  Testing of this release candidate will allow further refinement of 10.03.1

Binaries can be downloaded at http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03.1-rc5/

Highlights since Backfire 10.03.1 RC4:

* Throughput and stability improvements in ath5k, ath9k and mac80211
* Various fixes in network configuration handling
* Switch to LuCI 0.10 branch
* Extroot partitions are no longer automatically mounted after a sysupgrade to prevent incompatibilities
* Various uhttpd, 6in4, 6to4 and base-files fixes
* Set ipk installed size metadata to compressed size, improves free space estimation
* Made pppd handle bad PADS frames more gracefully
* Fixed uci reorder command
* Improved configuration backup handling to only consider modified files
* Merged dualstack IPv4 & IPv6 firewall from trunk
* Integrated relayd support for client pseudobridges
* Fixed static route handling in dhcp client
* Support for the WNDR3700 v2
* Support USB 3g hot- & coldplug
* Add git branch support to feeds
* Add cmake support in buildroot
* Add autoreconfigure support to ensure proper libtool usage

New platforms:

* Lantiq Danube and Falcon platforms (lantiq_danube, lantiq_falcon) including ADSL and VoIP support.

Dropped platforms:

* The ifxmips port has been obsoleted by the Lantiq targets

Known Issues:

* Most open tickets at the time of the RC5 builds
* Currently 5 GHz channels do not work with mac80211 based drivers due
  to DFS regulatory issues.

More detailed information available at:

https://dev.openwrt.org/milestone/Backfire%2010.03.1   

Detailed core changelog at: https://dev.openwrt.org/log/branches/ba … 4046-27608
Detailed packages changelog at: https://dev.openwrt.org/log/packages?revs=24046-27593

Yours truly,
The OpenWrt developer team

Finally! Thanks a lot, will be trying this soon on my WRT350Nv2. Still have ath9k wifi stability issues, maybe this will help.

Great news indeed! Congratulations to the OpenWrt team.

blindbox wrote:

Great news indeed! Congratulations to the OpenWrt team.

Congrats!

Just so everyone is aware, this version of RC5 does differ from the testing build seen earlier in the snapshots directory.

10.03.1-RC5:
# OpenWrt version: Backfire (r27608)

10.03.1-RC5-testing:
# OpenWrt version: Backfire (r27015)

Hi,

What's the status regarding #7971?

Thanks.

Thank you, working fine here.

The new web interface is really slick, good job!

(Last edited by Cybjit on 15 Jul 2011, 22:50)

Looks great!
Installed fine on a RSPro.
Thanks to all for a great effort.

~john

Thanks a lot, building ^_^.

Thank you a lot! Going to test this for Freifunk Oldenburg now smile

(Last edited by Floh1111 on 16 Jul 2011, 15:34)

Bummer about losing 5Ghz support, since it works ok on -rc4 I guess I have to hold there for now.  Is this a problem that will be fixed for the next release candidate (end of the year? [grin]) or is this a legal roadblock that is going to be semi-permanent?

Thanks for that, i'm testing with you. Let's catch bugs together, the working parts are very reliable on my router.

Congrats and thanks to all involved.

BTW - Was a .VMDK version not built for virtual box?

(Last edited by JimWright on 19 Jul 2011, 03:34)

jmorris wrote:

Bummer about losing 5Ghz support, since it works ok on -rc4 I guess I have to hold there for now.  Is this a problem that will be fixed for the next release candidate (end of the year? [grin]) or is this a legal roadblock that is going to be semi-permanent?

Is the only problem that we need to enable ath user regdom? Or there is something new?

Congrat and thanks to all. Will test on eoc2611p and nanostation m2.

Hallo!Thanks to All for a good Job!It works fine on TP-Link 841ND v.3!
But I have TP-LINK TL 1043ND Is anybody flash The RC5 10.03.1 on this router?And work fine?

Yes, yes, work fine

I have a Bewan IBOX Tele2 and it isn't suported. I tried this release, too.

My router is Infineon 50702 v1.3. It has an ADM6996I switch, PSC A2S56D40CTP 32 MB RAM, VIA 6212L USB and Intel JS28F128 J3D75  16MB flash.

Can you make a config for this router, please????!!!!

Anyway, you are doing a great job. 

Thank you.

scruffy wrote:

Yes, yes, work fine

...And The WiFi modul is built in ?Or need to install later?Like LUCI GUI for example or it is built in too ?

Hallo!!?It is the wireless modul already  built in the new luci and no need to install in addition?Or the situation is the same like RC4?Please somebody tell me, because tomorrow morning Im make a flash with this new RC!!!

(Last edited by emofilew on 22 Jul 2011, 22:20)

yes luci and wifi drivers are already built in.

however on my wzr-hp-g300nh the N wifi is unstable, getting lots of TX and RX errors in the log something about could not halt RX or something.

G however is fairly stable

edit: got the log info i get these errors:

Failed to stop TX DMA

and also RX related error too

(Last edited by slybunda on 23 Jul 2011, 01:13)

slybunda wrote:

yes luci and wifi drivers are already built in.

however on my wzr-hp-g300nh the N wifi is unstable, getting lots of TX and RX errors in the log something about could not halt RX or something.

G however is fairly stable

edit: got the log info i get these errors:

Failed to stop TX DMA

and also RX related error too

Maybe  cause the wifi chip driver is old?Or this RC5 use the last one?Because in the previous RC or some trunk it is not the last one for ath9k?!

(Last edited by emofilew on 23 Jul 2011, 07:43)

this RC uses kmod-ath9k 2.6.32.27+2011-06-22-2

the date seems to suggest its a very new version, only a month old.

Thank you to the team.

It works fine with TL-WR1043ND. I think the new Luci web interface is awesome. big_smile

(Last edited by medve540 on 23 Jul 2011, 17:26)

I'd love to try rc5 but I'm getting a really funky error with it. Its a little long but I'm pasting it anyways.

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/feeds/packages/libs/elfutils'
WARNING: skipping libdw -- package not selected
CFLAGS="-Os -pipe -mips32r2 -mtune=mips32r2 -funit-at-a-time -fhonour-copts -msoft-float -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/lib/libiconv-stub/include -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/lib/libintl-stub/include  -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/include -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/include -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/toolchain-mips_r2_gcc-4.3.3+cs_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/include -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/toolchain-mips_r2_gcc-4.3.3+cs_uClibc-0.9.30.1/include -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/lib/libiconv-stub/include -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/lib/libintl-stub/include " CXXFLAGS="-Os -pipe -mips32r2 -mtune=mips32r2 -funit-at-a-time -fhonour-copts -msoft-float -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/lib/libiconv-stub/include -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/lib/libintl-stub/include  -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/include -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/include -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/toolchain-mips_r2_gcc-4.3.3+cs_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/include -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/toolchain-mips_r2_gcc-4.3.3+cs_uClibc-0.9.30.1/include -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/lib/libiconv-stub/include -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/lib/libintl-stub/include " LDFLAGS="-L/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/lib -L/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/lib -L/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/toolchain-mips_r2_gcc-4.3.3+cs_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/lib -L/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/toolchain-mips_r2_gcc-4.3.3+cs_uClibc-0.9.30.1/lib -L/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/lib/libiconv-stub/lib -L/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/lib/libintl-stub/lib " make -C /home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/elfutils-0.152/. AR=mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc-ar AS="mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc-gcc -c -Os -pipe -mips32r2 -mtune=mips32r2 -funit-at-a-time -fhonour-copts -msoft-float -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/lib/libiconv-stub/include -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/lib/libintl-stub/include" LD=mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc-ld NM=mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc-nm CC="mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc-gcc" GCC="mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc-gcc" CXX="mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc-g++" RANLIB=mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc-ranlib STRIP=mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc-strip OBJCOPY=mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc-objcopy OBJDUMP=mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc-objdump SIZE=mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc-size CROSS="mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc-" ARCH="mips" ;
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/elfutils-0.152'
make  all-recursive
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/elfutils-0.152'
Making all in config
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/elfutils-0.152/config'
make[6]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/elfutils-0.152/config'
Making all in m4
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/elfutils-0.152/m4'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/elfutils-0.152/m4'
Making all in lib
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/elfutils-0.152/lib'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/elfutils-0.152/lib'
Making all in libelf
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/elfutils-0.152/libelf'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/elfutils-0.152/libelf'
Making all in libebl
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/elfutils-0.152/libebl'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/elfutils-0.152/libebl'
Making all in libdwfl
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/elfutils-0.152/libdwfl'
mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc-gcc -D_GNU_SOURCE -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DLOCALEDIR='"/usr/share/locale"' -I. -I.. -I. -I. -I../lib -I.. -I. -I./../libelf -I./../libebl -I./../libdw  -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/include -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/include -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/toolchain-mips_r2_gcc-4.3.3+cs_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/include -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/toolchain-mips_r2_gcc-4.3.3+cs_uClibc-0.9.30.1/include -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/lib/libiconv-stub/include -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/lib/libintl-stub/include  -std=gnu99 -Wall -Wshadow  -Wunused -Wextra -fgnu89-inline -Wformat=2   -Os -pipe -mips32r2 -mtune=mips32r2 -funit-at-a-time -fhonour-copts -msoft-float -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/lib/libiconv-stub/include -I/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/lib/libintl-stub/include  -MT linux-kernel-modules.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/linux-kernel-modules.Tpo -c -o linux-kernel-modules.o linux-kernel-modules.c
linux-kernel-modules.c:53:17: error: fts.h: No such file or directory
In file included from libdwflP.h:64,
                 from linux-kernel-modules.c:57:
../libdw/libdwP.h:61:1: warning: "_" redefined
In file included from ../libdw/libdwP.h:54,
                 from libdwflP.h:64,
                 from linux-kernel-modules.c:57:
/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/lib/libintl-stub/include/libintl.h:41:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
linux-kernel-modules.c: In function 'try_kernel_name':
linux-kernel-modules.c:132: warning: comparison of unsigned expression < 0 is always false
linux-kernel-modules.c: At top level:
linux-kernel-modules.c:300: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'FTSENT'
linux-kernel-modules.c:300: error: expected ';', ',' or ')' before '*' token
linux-kernel-modules.c: In function 'dwfl_linux_kernel_report_offline':
linux-kernel-modules.c:352: error: 'FTS' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:352: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
linux-kernel-modules.c:352: error: for each function it appears in.)
linux-kernel-modules.c:352: error: 'fts' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:352: warning: implicit declaration of function 'fts_open'
linux-kernel-modules.c:352: error: 'FTS_NOSTAT' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:352: error: 'FTS_LOGICAL' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:361: error: 'FTSENT' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:361: error: 'f' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:362: warning: implicit declaration of function 'fts_read'
linux-kernel-modules.c:369: warning: implicit declaration of function 'fts_set'
linux-kernel-modules.c:369: error: 'FTS_SKIP' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:375: error: 'FTS_F' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:376: error: 'FTS_SL' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:377: error: 'FTS_NSOK' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:379: warning: implicit declaration of function 'check_suffix'
linux-kernel-modules.c:390: warning: unused variable 'name'
linux-kernel-modules.c:419: error: 'FTS_ERR' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:420: error: 'FTS_DNR' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:421: error: 'FTS_NS' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:425: error: 'FTS_SLNONE' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:433: warning: implicit declaration of function 'fts_close'
linux-kernel-modules.c: In function 'check_module_notes':
linux-kernel-modules.c:574: error: 'FTS' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:574: error: 'fts' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:574: error: 'FTS_NOSTAT' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:574: error: 'FTS_LOGICAL' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:582: error: 'FTSENT' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:582: error: 'f' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:587: error: 'FTS_F' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:588: error: 'FTS_SL' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:589: error: 'FTS_NSOK' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:598: error: 'FTS_ERR' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:599: error: 'FTS_DNR' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:603: error: 'FTS_NS' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:604: error: 'FTS_SLNONE' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c: In function 'dwfl_linux_kernel_find_elf':
linux-kernel-modules.c:689: error: 'FTS' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:689: error: 'fts' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:689: error: 'FTS_NOSTAT' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:689: error: 'FTS_LOGICAL' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:731: error: 'FTSENT' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:731: error: 'f' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:740: error: 'FTS_SKIP' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:747: error: 'FTS_F' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:748: error: 'FTS_SL' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:749: error: 'FTS_NSOK' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:770: error: 'FTS_ERR' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:771: error: 'FTS_DNR' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:772: error: 'FTS_NS' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux-kernel-modules.c:776: error: 'FTS_SLNONE' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[6]: *** [linux-kernel-modules.o] Error 1
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/elfutils-0.152/libdwfl'
Making all in libdw
mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc-ar: ../libdwfl/libdwfl.a: No such file or directory
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/elfutils-0.152/libdw'
make  all-am
mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc-ar: ../libdwfl/libdwfl.a: No such file or directory
make[7]: Entering directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/elfutils-0.152/libdw'
make[7]: *** No rule to make target `../libdwfl/libdwfl_pic.a', needed by `libdw.so'.  Stop.
make[7]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/elfutils-0.152/libdw'
make[6]: *** [all] Error 2
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/elfutils-0.152/libdw'
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/elfutils-0.152'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/elfutils-0.152'
make[5]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/elfutils-0.152'
make[4]: *** [all] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/elfutils-0.152'
make[3]: *** [/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/elfutils-0.152/.built] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/feeds/packages/libs/elfutils'
make[2]: *** [package/feeds/packages/elfutils/compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire'
make[1]: *** [/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.30.1/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire'
make: *** [world] Error 2

As you can see at the top of the paste ...

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/phil/OpenWrt/backfire/feeds/packages/libs/elfutils'
WARNING: skipping libdw -- package not selected

libdw is not selected yet it continues to try and make it and fails ? I find that odd.

My larger concern is that I will need libdw (for either pure-ftpd or vsftp). During my first make I did notice a download error at one point coughing up a 404 error for a package from ???.debian.org (it was moving too fast to see all of the url). Perhaps that is where the missing packages are?

How can I peruse the files to find out what is missing? Is there an alternate location for any missing files?

update.
I blew away my backfire folder and reloaded the build system for it (6 times to be exact).
I finally managed to get a build completed.
All that effort was for not, can't do ap/sta even with static configurations now.
I'm staying with trunk it looks like.
Just have to deal with the odd ssh behaviours.