OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: New bootloader for Linksys WAG200G

The content of this topic has been archived on 21 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi folks,

I am trying to get OpenWRT onto my Linksys WAG200G (AR7-based) router. I have built a serial cable, and will build a JTAG cable too shortly.

First problem though is that the ADAM2 bootloader does not allow me to interrupt the boot process, nor does it provide FTP/TFTP recovery support. So, if I download a bogus kernel and/or root fs, I'm bricked. I figured it would be a good idea to build a new version of ADAM2 from the sources originally provided in one of the older Linksys GPL tarballs, linked from OpenWRT/ADAM2. However, I'm not sure whether the flash chip is an Intel or AMD chip, or whether the other parameters need to change:

$ cat cy_codepattern.mak
#FLASHTYPE=INTEL

FLASHTYPE=AMD
FLASH_SIZE=4
DRAM_SIZE=16
BOOT_SIZE=128

The flash and dram sizes are correct, but I don't know what BOOT_SIZE means. I *THINK* that the FLASHTYPE is correct, based on various infos I have seen (boot logs, primarily, I think).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Rogan

Be carefully with the JTAG. I have destroy my router with the first try but I dont understand why..

Who can help me to repair it? One or more (?) transistors are dead.

(Last edited by norbert on 21 Apr 2008, 20:43)

RoganDawes wrote:

I don't know what BOOT_SIZE means.

Probably size of bootloader partition in KiB

flash is a macronix mxs081321 4mb

The discussion might have continued from here.