OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: ASUS WL-530G

The content of this topic has been archived on 12 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Hi, db90h!

I'm using your latest firmware and I can't establish VPN connections (pass-through). Can be this problem, beacause kernel not support GRE tunneling ?

sdmitry wrote:

Hi, db90h!

I'm using your latest firmware and I can't establish VPN connections (pass-through). Can be this problem, beacause kernel not support GRE tunneling ?

According to a user support in my forum to get VPN working he had to rmmod the following modules:

ip_nat_pptp
ip_nat_proto_gre
ip_conntrack_pptp
ip_conntrack_proto_gre

So, you might try that.. I can't make any warranty about it myself.. it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I'll make an attempt to fix such without requiring such in today's build (coming shortly).

You can create a startup script in /jffs/etc/init.d (i.e. S10rmmods) to do this at every boot.. if indeed this does affect things.

(Last edited by db90h on 2 Oct 2006, 00:03)

Today I released the first build of the Liberated Libertas firmware that has Busybox 1.2.1 (yes, I finally got it completely working). There have also been a large number of improvements to the firmware this week, and to the buildroot. Things are progressing very rapidly.

Well, I progressed a lot on this project, though I've not done as much the last week or so. I needed to take a break as I can't afford to be working on it obsessively every day, all day.

The latest firmware is pretty nice, with about 512KB of free, usable space in the JFFS2 partition (more when i switch to squashfs-lzma). BusyBox 1.2.1 is used, so all the latest shell utilities are there, with nice output. I've customized much of the code to allow for more capabilities and scripting, including event-driven scripts. Finally, the buildroot is good enough to allow easy extensions and others to join the project, though more work can always be done on it.

I still haven't quite figured out client mode yet. Of course, you can use WDS as a 'sorta' client mode, but it's not really the same thing. Similarly, I haven't got wireless surveys working .. yet. Some custom code may need to be written for this, but I am not sure.

I plan to try to set up a writable root filesystem using a symlink hack like White Russian does. Everything I need to do it is there, and I've started porting the necessary scripts from OpenWrt.

Really, if this project is to advance more, we need more help. If anyone at all is wanting to join development, let me know and I'll give you write access to the repository.

Sorry for digging up this post, but is there any chance someone could upload somewhere [ or sent me file on email ] the latest firmware? I mean the latest You've done. Those links seems to be dead = /

The discussion might have continued from here.