OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Backfire SDK

The content of this topic has been archived on 15 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I noticed there was an SDK for Kamikaze and earlier in the download directory, and there is also a copy of the SDK for the trunk snapshopt; but no SDK for Backfire? I haven't found any info on building the SDK myself. So I wonder what the best way to get the SDK for atheros backfire would be? I also can't use the trunk because  I have a  32 bit pc.

(Last edited by napierzaza on 26 Feb 2011, 19:44)

More research, there really isn't any info on building the SDK, and any SDKs I have seen are either mips or 64 bit.

Build the sdk along with backfire, but the sdk directory is nothing like the other SDKs I found. And I get errors when I try to make

killerwhale:/datastore/openwrt-pidproject/backfire/target/sdk# make
Makefile:8: /rules.mk: No such file or directory
Makefile:9: /kernel.mk: No such file or directory
Makefile:10: /host.mk: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/host.mk'.  Stop.

If you mean that I should download the source and build the SDK, as I said it creates an "sdk" folder in target that doesn't function as the SDK is said to work. I've worked with a mips SDK and you put the package in "package" and make from the root of the SDK. The build SDK doesn't do that.

If you mean that I should just put my package in the backfire/packages folder, that doesn't work because certain headers just aren't there when building.

Redownloaded everything from svn and rebuilt OpenWRT. SDK is available in the bin directory. Not sure why it was not building previously.

(Last edited by napierzaza on 27 Feb 2011, 01:15)

Great, back to where I started. For some reason there is no "includes" directory in the staging_dir so nothing can compile.

napierzaza wrote:

I noticed there was an SDK for Kamikaze and earlier in the download directory, and there is also a copy of the SDK for the trunk snapshopt; but no SDK for Backfire? I haven't found any info on building the SDK myself. So I wonder what the best way to get the SDK for atheros backfire would be? I also can't use the trunk because  I have a  32 bit pc.

In fact, you can see openwrt sdk option when you are using menuconfig

The discussion might have continued from here.