OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: is the tl-mr3420 v1.1 supported? is flashable with v1 firmware?

The content of this topic has been archived between 7 Oct 2014 and 17 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Has the tl-mr3420 v1.1 the same board of v1 ?? is it flashable or not?

Jep. I flashed a TL-MR3420 v1.1 & one TL-MR3420 v 1.2.

Nice to hear (read) that. I'm still reading and waiting whatever about TL-MR3420 before first flash.
This confirmation will absolutely accelerate things up.

good news smile. I'm still waiting... What is the difference from this hardware revision ?? 1.1 , 1.2 ?

Hi,

I just flashed my new MR3420 V1.2 with OpenWRT.

It worked but I experienced problems activating Wi-Fi. My first thought was that there could be a change in the hardware with this new revision, but it's still the AR9287 inside.

Has anyone experienced similar problems or has a V1.2 model working. If yes I would be pleased to check the used firmware image with my router.

At the moment I'm back to stock firmware, but I'd like to test again soon.

You just flashed a r25881, ath9k status is always a pain in the @ss, try again when r26041 is available for download, or compile yourself if can't wait.

Has anyone tried the TP-Link MR3220?
I cannot get the wireless to work.

This is the issue reported in the log:

Mar 27 02:44:12 Router7432360 user.info sysinit: Line 2: invalid/unknown driver 'nl80211'
Mar 27 02:44:12 Router7432360 user.info sysinit: Line 45: unknown configuration item 'ieee80211n'
Mar 27 02:44:12 Router7432360 user.info sysinit: Line 46: unknown configuration item 'ht_capab'
Mar 27 02:44:12 Router7432360 user.info sysinit: 3 errors found in configuration file '/var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf'

Any suggestions?

I'm running a mr3220 (v1.0?) with r25941 and have no problems with the wifi.

did you install ath9k?

Upgrade to a recent version, sound like dev errata to me.
r26081 is out. [s]Download.[/s]
EDIT: Wait! #9063. Maybe next release...

(Last edited by Nilfred on 15 Mar 2011, 19:46)

I just tried again with r26081 and had no problem activating wifi.
But I guess last time with r25881 it was my fault as it seems that I have mismatched the commands activating wifi without webif.

For me it's working, but I can't imagine what's the reason for chillifire's probs.

Good Luck for you!

r26181 is out. Download and test if problems gone.

I tried to flash a MR3420 (1.2) and the device got bricked..
I user this file: openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-mr3420-v1-squashfs-factory.bin and did the firmware upgrade via the original firmware web interface... Now, there's no web interface, no reply from telnet, ping, ssh or tftp... What can I do to unbrick the device? I didnt understand that thing about the serial cable and didnt find any easy how-to tutorial to assembly the serial connection for this router...

Didn't help... I already tried packet sniffer and had no reply from the router... I guess the last option is the serial cable, but i didnt understand how to build one for this router.

I just flash my MR3420 with openwrt and I notice the wireless connection is at 144Mbps. With the original TP Link firmware it can achieve 300Mbps. Anyone has a solution to enable 300Mbps on Wifi link?

Does failsafe work OK with your MR3420?

I didnt understand that aspect about the serial cable and didnt identify any informal how-to tutorial to framework the serial overpass for this router.
key tag

Sorry, maybe my question was confusing. I'd like to know, if jvc26 could put his MR3420 into failsafe mode by pressing the QSS or reset button.

As jvc26 download link is Backfire, sure is failsafe don't work, but maybe he didn't need it.
Details about lack of failsafe are in the Wiki.

Hi all!

First time post to the OpenWRT forums. I've been primarily using OpenWRT on TP-Link MR3020 to build PirateBox (arrrggh!) and it's been good fun. If you haven't checked out the project I thoroughly recommend it.

I'm looking to try PirateBox out on the tl-mr3420 and was wondering if anyone has recently tried to install OpenWRT on this device. According to jvc26 post#17 it's all good to go.

Also, has there been any update with being able to use failsafe with failed installations?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

If all goes well I'm looking at trying to install an Icecast server. It may be a little ambitious but it's worth a try right smile

Cheers,
Dr Hitchcock

(Last edited by drhitchcock on 4 Jun 2012, 01:18)

Any update on how to configure a working failsafe button on this device?

i thought that failsafe was working fine on trunk!!!

"reset" and similarly "gss" enter in failsafe mode ,after Backfire r29661,
and to this revision of failsafe did not work, there were confused GPIO wink