OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Lost folder "etc/config/network"

The content of this topic has been archived on 29 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello
I have a problem with one of my routers. I configuratet something in the folder "etc/config/network". After I was finished, I forgot to reboot the router. As I wanted to configurate some other options I can't open the OpenWrt. Now I came in with the recvudp.exe, but the folder "etc/config/network" is lost. I can open something(i don't know why) if I open "vi etc/config/network" but erveything I write in, I can't save. Can somebody help me, please?
Thanks ORH2O

(Last edited by ORH2O on 10 Dec 2010, 09:14)

First things first, network is a file, not a folder.

Also, make sure to include a leading / to navigate to the proper directory.
Eg: "vi /etc/config/network"

Thank you but it doesn't worked. everytime i want to write something in the file it comes this error:
Write error: Read-only file system

So how can I write the informations in again (and save!!!!)?

Check dmesg or logread output for possible errors, something has gone wrong if your file system is read-only.

There are many errors. But i dont asked for, how can i see if it has errors, I asked how can I corect them...
But anyway Thank you Borromini...

The errors are there to be googled or researched otherwise (on this forum for example) smile.

Ok. thanks, but what should I do if I can't save every configuration?

So finally i found the right sitewith commands for unbrick my router... To all of them, who have the same problem here ist the link:

http://millerstechtips.blogspot.com/200 … enwrt.html

Thanks a lot all of you, who tried to help me.
ORH2O

The discussion might have continued from here.