OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: 5MHz channel width with ath5k works

The content of this topic has been archived on 25 Feb 2017. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi.

I've just tried 5MHz channel width with ath5k. It works.
My environment is,

Latest trunk
Gateworks avila GW2348-4
ar5413 miniPCI

If you also try it (with self-responsibility), save this patch in ~/your/trunk/path/package/mac80211/patches and build it.

910-5mhz.patch

diff --git a/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/reset.c b/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/reset.c
index 7d8ef8d..a4fe0a0 100644
--- a/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/reset.c
+++ b/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/reset.c
@@ -950,6 +950,8 @@ int ath5k_hw_reset(struct ath5k_hw *ah, enum nl80211_iftype op_mode,
        freq = 0;
        mode = 0;

+       if (ah->ah_bwmode != AR5K_BWMODE_5MHZ)
+               ah->ah_bwmode = AR5K_BWMODE_5MHZ;
        /*
         * Sanity check for fast flag
         * Fast channel change only available

This patch isn't the right way maybe. Anyway, it works.
Let's expect skilled devs post beautiful patch. :-)

BTW, though I didn't try 10MHz and 40MHz width, it should work to change "AR5K_BWMODE_5MHZ" to "AR5K_BWMODE_10MHZ" or "AR5K_BWMODE_40MHZ".

Good luck!

zukky

I forgot. mode is AP

I tried 10MHz and 40MHz width in addition.
10MHz width is OK. Unfortunately 40MHz width shows only 20MHz on my spectram analyzer. It'll need some more modification.

bye

I'm really interested to use my board in 5MHz (MiniPci AR5414A).

I've tried to do your Hard-coded settings. but unfortunately, when I looked at the code, the reset.c file is different.

The latest backfire source code, is using the Linux kernel 2.6.32 and the ./drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/reset.c is older and doesn't implement the half/quarter support.

I suspect that you have built only the ath5k from trunk. If that's the case, Please, could you make me the favor to post the steps to do it?

Thanks,

Leandro

(Last edited by lgentili on 29 Mar 2011, 05:47)

The discussion might have continued from here.