Topic: T-Com SpeedPort w 303V Typ B

Hello everyone. I have a problem,  how to compile OpenWrt for this router.

Orginal firmware source :
http://hilfe.telekom.de/hsp/cms/content … 303V-Typ-A

settings for router:

# BRCM_6338 is not set
# BRCM_6348 is not set
BRCM_6358=y
BRCM_CHIP=6358

#
# Board configuration selection
#
BRCM_BOARD_ID="96358-502V"
BRCM_FLASHBLK_SIZE=64
BRCM_NUM_MAC_ADDRESSES=11
BRCM_BASE_MAC_ADDRESS="02:10:18:00:00:01"
BRCM_PSI_SIZE=128
BRCM_MAIN_TP_NUM=0
BRCM_DEFAULTCFG="default.xml"

#
# xDSL standard selection
#
# BRCM_ADSL_ANNEX_A is not set
BRCM_ADSL_ANNEX_B=y
# BRCM_ADSL_ANNEX_C is not set
# BRCM_ADSL_SADSL is not set
BRCM_ADSL_STANDARD=ANNEX_B
CPE_ANNEX_B=y

Please help me.

Re: T-Com SpeedPort w 303V Typ B

I took a look at the sources, and it looks like it might not be not that easy to create an image for it. While creating a kernel/system that theoretically boots should be quite easy (just adding/adapting the board definition from the boardparams.c), it seems to expect a nonstandard image format (the whole xor-ing stuff).

hymm.. i try to upload image form brcm96358 but device says that image is no for this device.

original firmware is Useless. I try to configure router as repeater, but with orginal firmware it not work good.

i read on website that
"Fritz!WRT is a set of patches to make the OpenWRT trunk run on AVMs Fritz!Box. Much progress has been made in recent OpenWRT revisions in the AR7 port, but it's still not running on the Fritz!Box. The patches also have the potential to make the T-Com SpeedPort run, because its hardware is very similar to that of the Fritz!Box. There are patches for the bootloader, LED support, and watchdog support, as well as KGDB support. "

but the patch is not working hmm

leeon wrote:

hymm.. i try to upload image form brcm96358 but device says that image is no for this device.

That's exactly what I mean with non-standard image format.

leeon wrote:

i read on website that
"Fritz!WRT is a set of patches to make the OpenWRT trunk run on AVMs Fritz!Box. Much progress has been made in recent OpenWRT revisions in the AR7 port, but it's still not running on the Fritz!Box. The patches also have the potential to make the T-Com SpeedPort run, because its hardware is very similar to that of the Fritz!Box. There are patches for the bootloader, LED support, and watchdog support, as well as KGDB support. "

but the patch is not working hmm

The W 303V Typ B is one of the few devices not based on AVM hardware, so Fritz!WRT won't help. You don't by chance live in Berlin, do you?

KM

Hay, i'm not from Germany hmm

Have you Suggestion for me how to compile openWRT for W 303V ?:P

MZ

6 (edited by KanjiMonster 2010-12-04 14:46:24)

leeon wrote:

Hay, i'm not from Germany hmm

Well, since it's a device from the Deutsche Telekom, it was somewhat suggesting you might be wink. Also it's annex B, and that's mostly used in Germany as far as I know.

leeon wrote:

Have you Suggestion for me how to compile openWRT for W 303V ?:P

There are several steps that need to be done.

First of all, do you have serial access? If not, find out if holding reset while booting puts it in the recovery mode (i.e. it has a simple webpage for uploading images at its default IP; probably either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1). You need a a way of uploading a new image if the old one breaks.

KM

P.S: Also, standard disclaimer for bcm63xx: The ADSL will *not* work with OpenWrt.

KanjiMonster wrote:

P.S: Also, standard disclaimer for bcm63xx: The ADSL will *not* work with OpenWrt.

I try to upload firmware(from bcm603xx by recovery mode but this don't work.  I don't know to do. I have internet from LAN and i wont that router work as Accespoint or repeter.

Thanks for Helping smile

leeon wrote:

I try to upload firmware(from bcm603xx by recovery mode but this don't work.

Well, the images won't magically work, but recovery mode should work. I have an older speedport, and there the router goes into the recovery mode if I turn it on and keep reset pressed until the power led goes red, then I see a *very* simple webpage on the speedport's default IP (on mine it was 192.168.2.1):

Update Software

Step 1: Obtain an updated software image file from your ISP.

Step 2: Enter the path to the image file location in the box below or click the "Browse" button to locate the image file.

Step 3: Click the "Update Software" button once to upload the new image file.

NOTE: The update process takes about 2 minutes to complete, and your DSL Router will reboot.
Software File Name: [_____________][Choose]
                                                                          [Update Software]

After we verified this works, we can start building images and throw it at it until it accepts one (and hopefully boots ;-).

KM

Thanks for recovery mode smile Its working. Now I'm not afraid to break down the router.

MZ

I wish you success with compiling. I would like to change my 303v firware too. Unfortunately I have no knowledge how to do it.

Hymm.. im trying to make image but it says every time that is not for this device hmm

leeon wrote:

Hymm.. im trying to make image but it says every time that is not for this device hmm

Yeah, it expects a special image. Btw, just got me one for cheap on ebay, I hope to work on it on the next weekend, but I might create something earlier for you to test; the xor'ing is quite straight forward (and uses the complicated key '12345678' wink.

KM

Thanks for helping smile I will try with this key => 12345678 .

L

14 (edited by KanjiMonster 2010-12-12 17:07:06)

leeon wrote:

Thanks for helping smile I will try with this key => 12345678 .

L

It isn't quite as easy. You have to do three things:

1. Add the board definition to arch/mips/bcm63xx/boards/board_bcm963xx.c from shared/opensource/boardparms/boardparms.c.
2. Adapt the imagetag.c to create a different tag (see shared/opensource/inlude/bcm963xx/bcmTag.h in the GPL tar for the layout)
3. Finally xor the whole image with '12345678' (the ascii string, not hex).

You can either try these yourself or wait until I get my SPW303V wink

KM

I finally received mine yesterday and after fighting with the case managed to get it open (while breaking four of the eight plastic clips wink).

I'll see if I can get an image built for it, but I can't promise I'll have anything ready before christmas.

KM

Very good news. I hope that we will succeed.

Leeon

17 (edited by leeon 2011-01-07 10:21:47)

How was your new year? smile

I try to xor img file with '12345678' but still say that is wrong source.
How about your progress?

Leeon

Currently occupied with stuff, but started looking at it again today.

Just a quick update: I managed to create an image that gets accepted (at least by cfe) and boots.
Several issues still remain:
* I didn't test yet whether the firmware gets accepted by the stock firmware as an upgrade; but since cfe accepts it, it is of rather low priority
* When re-flashing with cfe, it writes the firmware to the 4MB offset, resulting in a one-time boot from the new firmware; when cold booting it still defaults to the first one. This has the potential of bricking the device when flashing a > 4MB firmware through CFE. Upgrade from within OpenWrt is fine though.
* The wifi doesn't work with b43 (as expected). I couldn't test yet with the propriatary driver, since it currently doesn't compile; this needs to be fixed first.

That's all. Oh, btw, if you attach a serial cable, the CFE "password" to abort the boot is "$T&".

Okay, after fixing the brcm-wl build the wifi works with it, so the device is usable as an n AP. I'll prepare patches in the next few days.

22 (edited by leeon 2011-02-16 16:54:25)

WOW, its very good news smile  You are SUPER smile

how  progress in work?

23 (edited by leeon 2011-03-05 19:22:46)

project died?

24 (edited by KanjiMonster 2011-03-06 01:05:14)

No, just got caught up in updating bcm63xx to 2.6.37 - I found a potential problem with the newer CFEs and their "dual image" thingy - I want to fix this first.

Patches submitted just now. Now they only need to be accepted, then there should be trunk images a few hours or days later.