Re: Asterisk - GUI

kadettgte wrote:

so there's your problem, if you check my makefile, you'll see the 1.4 dependency, i only made this for 1.4 because 1.6 wasn't very stable on openwrt by that time

I don't think stability is an issue here. As of this writing, v1.6 is well maintained by Zandbelt and is also pretty stable.

Mazi

yeah i know, "as of this writing" but like i mentioned, i started the asterisk gui packaging in january or something where it had some bugs i "could not live with"

BTW, i'm still working on asterisk-gui openwrt to support 1.6.x->1.8.x

kadettgte wrote:

BTW, i'm still working on asterisk-gui openwrt to support 1.6.x->1.8.x

Is it working?

Mazi

not with this current package, i'm having some issues at work i'll finish this by the end of the week when i have the time, but if you have any news about this, please, do tell smile

I wished I had something to share. Unfortunately, I am stuck at the login prompt. When I enter admin/admin and click Login button, nothing happens.

Mazi

i managed to get it to run smile i'll try to update the package as soon as i can smile

Makefile updated, added a initscript, checking configuration files now...

mazilo wrote:

I wished I had something to share. Unfortunately, I am stuck at the login prompt. When I enter admin/admin and click Login button, nothing happens.

The ticket has been updated smile check it plz

Best Regards

Have you tested the update with asterisk-1.8.x?

Mazi

okay i guess i have to make 3 packages, 1 for ast 14 another for 16 and another for 18,

nope i haven't tried asterisk 1.8 yet, i built it to be compliant with backfire, not the "unstable" version, i'll see what i can do

kadettgte wrote:

okay i guess i have to make 3 packages, 1 for ast 14 another for 16 and another for 18,

R U saying the configuration files, i.e. /etc/asterisk/manager.conf and /etc/asterisk/http.conf, for each asterisk version are different?

Mazi

nope, but the dependencies are, for example, for asterisk14 there was already a chan local and an app_exec or app_system included, for asterisk16 i had to had those dependencies, for asterisk 1.8 i have to check , still building trunk

and another one, asterisk14 used /usr/lib/asterisk for the static http files etc, asterisk16 uses /var/lib/asterisk so i had to include a init script to create the /var/lib and symlink /usr/lib/asterisk to /var/lib/asterisk

when i have some news about asterisk 1.8 i'll post..

Thanks.

Mazi

Erm... i just noticed, where the hell is asterisk 1.8 in trunk?

kadettgte wrote:

Erm... i just noticed, where the hell is asterisk 1.8 in trunk?

The patches have been uploaded to OpenWRT through this ticket #8132, but it hasn't been committed yet. It looks like asterisk-1.8.x complation doesn't include the sound files. So, don't enable the voicemail and sound packages unless you don't mind with the compilation errors.

Mazi

Nice nice, they could have made another package instead of replacing 1.6 completely but fine by me smile , okay try this, get my package from the ticket, edit the makefile and change everything that says asterisk16 to asterisk18, it should work, if it doesn't, please post

kadettgte wrote:

Nice nice, they could have made another package instead of replacing 1.6 completely but fine by me smile , okay try this, get my package from the ticket, edit the makefile and change everything that says asterisk16 to asterisk18, it should work, if it doesn't, please post

That's what I had done, i.e. applied the patches, recompiled, installed, and asterisk-gui won't work. Can you try and confirm the asterisk-gui works with asterisk-1.8.x?

Mazi

okay, i'll try it as soon as i can

Hello everyone,

Two questions:
1) what Asterisk version is recommended to install on OpenWrt 10.03.1-RC3 (Backfire)?
I don't need latest-"the best", I need stable/working

2) what are mimimum hardware reuqirements?
Is router with 8MB flash ok, or I need more flash space, and/or use external storage via USB?

I currently consider TP-Link WR1043MB (8MB flash) as a platform for my Asterisk at home.

Your comments would be highly appreciated.

vplessky wrote:

2) what are mimimum hardware reuqirements?
Is router with 8MB flash ok, or I need more flash space, and/or use external storage via USB?

I currently consider TP-Link WR1043MB (8MB flash) as a platform for my Asterisk at home.

If I were you and I already have a NAT/Firewall (WiFi) router, I won't waste more to buy another NAT/Firewall (WiFi) router just to host my PBX System. Instead, I will go for an inexpensive Seagate DocStar to host my PBX System(s). The reason is simply the device is based on a Marvell chipset clocked @1.2GHz with 128MB/256MB RAM/NAND, an RJ45 (10/100/1000Mbps) port, and 4 USB2 ports. This device can easily handle FreeSWITCH that most NAT/Firewall routers (clocked @400MHz) will just bog down. If you do a Google search, you may find some places to offer an inexpensive Seagate DocStar for as little as US$20 or even less.

For further information on how to install OpenWRT on an inexpensive Seagate DocStar, have a look here. Also, you may want to read posts on this discussion thread or another discussion thread.

Mazi

@mazilo, my buildroot vdi died so i couldn't build asterisk-gui for 1.8.0.x yet, i'm going to recompile everything lol

Can I upload Asterisk GUI through the link given above??

No, it will not work yet, i still didn't have the time to do it sad