OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Installation for TP-LINK TL-WR741ND

The content of this topic has been archived on 27 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello !

I purchased router TP-LINK TL-WR741ND Ver. 1.8
S/N 10167402168

I am wondering how to proceed with the installation of OpenWRT, if there is any manual written ?

Thanks,
Jan

Did you succeeded installing OpenWRT to TP-LINK TL-WR741ND Ver. 1.8?

Hello !

I haven't tried yet. Please report if you succeed by following that manual.

Kind regards,
Jan

I hijack your post, as no hardware version in title, just to let you know I'm unhappy with free remaining flash space.
Have to go the hard way... Will test ImageBuilder first then compile myself if I manage to brick it...

The TP-LINK TL-WR741ND (v1.8) seems to be working fine with 10.03 - it's a pretty much out of the box experience really.

That said, do be warned -- it seems possible to brick the thing if one tries to upgrade openwrt with another/newer
openwrt image release. Perhaps all too late, I may have recalled reading about taking the device back to -standard-
(shipped) firmware, before trying to do such a thing smile  Whatever... they were on special for $25 a pop, I grabbed
2 of them, and so I'll recover the bricked one just as soon as I soldered a ttl<->rs232 interface together and have a
poke at it to see what's actually broken...

The discussion might have continued from here.