OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH

The content of this topic has been archived on 30 Mar 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Ok, so I tried flashing the firmware from the snapshots directory. It installed fine, but I cant get the wireless to work.

I had to use opkg to install a bunch of additional packages (including hostapd and kmod-ath9k), and as far as openwrt is concerned, everything should be fine (no errors anywhere).

However, no clients can see my Access Point (and I have not enabled hidden mode).

Any suggestions?

jarttu wrote:

This thread might help: https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=22841

It absolutely did! The missing element was wpa_supplicant (and possibly disabling the N component of the wifi interface).

Thanks a LOT! My new toy was losing a lot of WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor!) :-)

Rogan

Gingernut wrote:

Just make sure that if you flash back that you TFTP the firmware from your units region and not another as it won't accept it due to a region specific magic number that Buffalo codes into the original firmware for each region that uboot looks for.

Just stumbled upon this while googling for u-boot info:
http://scarygliders.net/?p=13

Does teh wzr-hp-g300nh manage vlan tagging and multiple DHCP with OpenWRT ?

Is there some information how to open a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH?
Don't want to break the device to get to the serial port.

Is there any progress on flashing to Japanese version of the Wzr-hp-g300nh?
I have tried flashing the backfire image: tftp put goes fine, but the router just boots into the buffalo firmware.

Thanks for any help

To answer my own question:

I was able to install openwrt on the Japanese version of the router by first flashing a dd-wrt image through the web interface, and then writing the openwrt firmware over by using mtd.

Hello everyone.
I recently upgraded my hard drive that was shared with samba for a new 2x2 Tb (RAID 0) that uses the GPT table.
I use the NTFS-3G (01.16.2010 fuseint-3) which has always worked very well previously. But now I can not mount this new unit.
Does anyone know how to have support for NTFS partitions (GPT) on OpenWrt Backfire 10.03?
Thank you in advance any help. smile

I am using trunk r26276 on this router and have tried a couple prior, and on each i cannot get qos working right. the l7 tagging does not work at all. I have installed all the necessary packages. i am using the qos-scripts package. Any suggestions would be welcome.

LuCaBR wrote:

Hello everyone.
I recently upgraded my hard drive that was shared with samba for a new 2x2 Tb (RAID 0) that uses the GPT table.
I use the NTFS-3G (01.16.2010 fuseint-3) which has always worked very well previously. But now I can not mount this new unit.
Does anyone know how to have support for NTFS partitions (GPT) on OpenWrt Backfire 10.03?

You need GPT support enabled in the kernel, and the default Openwrt builds don't have it. So you would need to compile it yourself.

rettens wrote:
LuCaBR wrote:

Hello everyone.

You need GPT support enabled in the kernel, and the default Openwrt builds don't have it. So you would need to compile it yourself.

Thank you rettens.

Unfortunately I'm beginner in linux, and do not know how to recompile the kernel with this option.
If you can tell me how ...    smile

Interesting, that in my media player (ACRyan), which uses BusyBox (BusyBox v1.1.3 (2010.04.29-10:11 +0000), has the recognition of this type of partition implemented in your kernel .

While I can not use the Buffalo, I'm using PlayOnHD.  wink

The discussion might have continued from here.