OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Netgear cg814wg v2

The content of this topic has been archived on 20 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

hello all...
wow you have a lot of info here on a broad assortment of routers. Nice. I wondering if anyone here could help me with a little info...i have 3 Netgear cg814's and i would like to reflash the firmware on them. These were ISP provided 3349 chipset modem/gateways. I am looking for the 8 pin jtag pinout specs for this product. I know that the wireless function will be disabled once i install new firmware but i am more interested in the modem side as it offers an upgrade in ram over a motorola sb5101 modem. I am aware of serial flashing for this particular setup but I am interested in using a parallel jtag. i am able to detect the chip and the flash...but am unable to write to it so far.
I have been looking high and low for specs on these but have come up short. They are considered End of Life and Netgear offers no specs on them...(maybe I'm not looking in the right place).
I could really use a nudge in the right direction if anyone knows where I can acquire this info.Thank you for your time....

sorry to waste space on this incredibly informative site. I found my answer and it is to serial flash.Got a ttl on the way. I'll revisit this fine site when i hack my routers. Awesome info you have here BTW...gonna come in handy for me in the near future.

The discussion might have continued from here.