OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: dnsmasq: bad command line options: bad dhcp-range

The content of this topic has been archived on 25 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi all,

I'm new and have been fiddling with openwrt for a couple of weeks now and i'm impressed.

I bought a wndr3700 and reflashed it with openwrt bleeding edge. After this i reflashed with dd-wrt just to give it a try.
However, to my knowlegde, dd is not as far finished as openwrt. I did however run the superchannel patch on dd.

Then I flashed back to open-wrt, again Kamikaze latest bleeding edge 21182 with samba/usb/openvpn.
Somehow the dchp daemon does not start now. It did with an older bleeding edge (which i've lost).

This is what i get:

Apr 27 11:44:11 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: awk: can't resolve symbol '__gtdf2' in lib 'awk'.
Apr 27 11:44:11 OpenWrt daemon.crit dnsmasq[909]: bad command line options: bad dhcp-range
Apr 27 11:44:11 OpenWrt daemon.crit dnsmasq[909]: FAILED to start up
Apr 27 11:44:11 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: dnsmasq: bad command line options: bad dhcp-range

Here's my config file:

config dnsmasq
        option domainneeded     1
        option boguspriv        1
        option filterwin2k      '0'  #enable for dial on demand
        option localise_queries 1
        option local    '/lan/'
        option domain   'lan'
        option expandhosts      1
        option nonegcache       0
        option authoritative    1
        option readethers       1
        option leasefile        '/tmp/dhcp.leases'
        option resolvfile       '/tmp/resolv.conf.auto'
        #list server            '/mycompany.local/1.2.3.4'
        #option nonwildcard     1
        #list interface         br-lan
        #list notinterface      lo

config dhcp lan
        option interface        lan
        option start    100
        option limit    150
        option leasetime        12h

config dhcp wan
        option interface        wan
        option ignore   1

I greatly appreciate any help on this.
Regards, Basco.

Hmm, the dnsmasq config looks fine, I don't see anything wrong with it.

However, this

Apr 27 11:44:11 OpenWrt user.info sysinit: awk: can't resolve symbol '__gtdf2' in lib 'awk'

is not normal. Is this a self built image or a trunk snapshot?

~ Jow

Hi Jow!

I've svn'ed the latest snapshot, configured it with the wndr3700 wiki howto and added samba, usb and openvp and built the thing.
I tried to search for a solution for this __gtdf2 error but haven't found anything.

do you have a clue where to start?
is it perhaps a package that i did not include?

any help would be greatly appreciated... i'm nearly there... uhhh i think ;-)

I deleted the entire trunk and redownloaded it to latest bleeding edge. now it's ok, but due to a kernel update i'm not able to install packages needed to use usb.

kmod-nls-cp437, kmod-nls-cp850, kmod-nls-iso8859-1, kmod-nls-iso8859-15, kmod-nls-utf8

these modules are not available yet.
i tried installing them with --force.. but that did not result in a working usb.

should i wait or can this be fixed?

If you compile yourself, you should build the required kernel modules too, the modules from the repository are binary incompatible to self built kernels in almost every case.

sorry, my explanation was not 100% clear.
i use make menuconfig to configure te package.

this wndr3700 wiki states that a number of packages should be included to use usb.

http://wiki.openwrt.org/inbox/netgear/w … r.optional

in the latest bleeding edge i cannot select these packages with menuconfig anymore (i could select them with an older bleeding edge):

kmod-nls-cp437, kmod-nls-cp850, kmod-nls-iso8859-1, kmod-nls-iso8859-15, kmod-nls-utf8

does this make any sense?

They were moved to a dedicated "NLS" submenu yesterday, maybe you overlooked that?

overlooked....
things are moving fast in openwrt... which is great!!

my usb is working!

thanks!

The solution to this for me was to disable strip unneeded libraries from the menuconfig.

The discussion might have continued from here.