quick update:

14-04-2010
- r20852
- ppp-mod-pppoe added - should resolve problem with pppoe connection
- change www port from WAN site in firewall 80->443
- gui version - added extra webif px5g webif-theme-xwrt uhttpd-mod-tls

Re: TP Link WR1043ND 11n gigabit router

hi,

i just bricked my tp-link. i seem to have erased the firmware. when i plug it in the leds blink two times and the power lamp is on. the switch still does work. any tips for unbricking? would a serial connection still be possible, or did i probably break uboot.

regards
ig-88

ig-88 wrote:

hi,

i just bricked my tp-link. i seem to have erased the firmware. when i plug it in the leds blink two times and the power lamp is on. the switch still does work. any tips for unbricking? would a serial connection still be possible, or did i probably break uboot.

regards
ig-88

let us know the results when you try it smile

555 (edited by edmarques 2010-04-14 17:05:48)

Hi!

It's possible to use the Huawei K3715 in this router?
I already disabled the Cd-rom and MMC options.
Only Modem is enable.

Thanks,
Ed.

Hi,

Has anyone had experience with a USB phone?  I have a yealink p1K usb phone, and it used to work with my fedora 8 properly. 

In the wr1043, I'm using the latest backfire release, and I have already installed all the usb, audio, yealink and alsa related packages with opkg.  alsamixer shows the playback and capture devices fine.  But I can only get aplay to work, while arecord failed with a pcm_read error

This is how I test with aplay and arecord

aplay -f cd -D hw:0,0 -c 1 whatever_file  <-- this is fine

arecord -f cd -D hw:0,0 -c 1 -r 8000 /tmp/test.wav  <-- this failed, with pcm_read error, and always create a file of 44 bytes

Thanks!

hy!

use any mpd? i dont run this application
always quit the mpd, when i play the music

------------------------
openwrt cikkek magyarul

Hi to all, i tried the firmware release from obsy and now i need to return to factory firmware, but when i use winscp to upload the file to the router i get almost out of memory, 1700kb i tried to use a usb fisk ( fat format ) to use as dir to the file but i can't mount the device sad Is there a way recover the router without serial cable?

Thank's

Read wiki. Stop services like luci/dnsmasq/syslog, unload modules.

szabi wrote:

hy!

no, not running mpd, actually I suspect it might be a ehci bug ...

webif doesn't show login form. It runs without log-in and is fully functional. Can someone explain how to configure it to request user and pass?

Part of system information:

Username   not logged in

Web mgt. console   Webif²
Version  r4893

Quite honestly I can not claim to understand the OpenWrt.
I've been here for months trying to connect to 3G internet ever had to recover the router n times and how to Tp-Wr1043ND no la avia Web interface I had to go to a friend's house to re-install.
Now that comes with the LuCI'm almost 12 hours trying to ...
Only the geniuses who can connect via 3G umts??
To whom is the program is done??

The strange thing is that it took only 3 seconds to call me the first time in 3G UMTS in DD-WRT

apg wrote:

Quite honestly I can not claim to understand the OpenWrt.
I've been here for months trying to connect to 3G internet ever had to recover the router n times and how to Tp-Wr1043ND no la avia Web interface I had to go to a friend's house to re-install.
Now that comes with the LuCI'm almost 12 hours trying to ...
Only the geniuses who can connect via 3G umts??
To whom is the program is done??

I see you've only ever posted in this thread. Why don't you search the forums or start a new thread with regards to your 3G questions?

Granted "3g" is too short of a keyword to search on, so in searching for "umts", I found this example config:
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=20921

As for LuCI/WebIf, if you really want to learn how OpenWrt works, do yourself a favor and ditch them! No offence to the LuCI devs.
All config files can be found in /etc/config/, and having LuCI installed only mucks up the original config file formatting, adding to the confusion most new users face.

Once you have the proper modem modules loaded, some basic commands to help you troubleshoot are "dmesg" and "logread".
Wish I could help further, but I don't have a 3g modem.

Hello!

It possible to install Download Manager to OpenWRT powered 1043nd?
I founded this: http://rsdm.kingofcomedy.de/
But i am newbie under openwrt wink

apg: I had instant success with a Huawei E160E 3g dongle by following this site:

http://josefsson.org/openwrt/dongle.html

Note the 3g modems suck a bit of current - it is wise to run them via a powered hub - I do as I have other usb devices anyways.

regulus wrote:
szabi wrote:

hy!

no, not running mpd, actually I suspect it might be a ehci bug ...

thank you!

------------------------
openwrt cikkek magyarul

mgiammarco wrote:
FiReSTaRT wrote:

@mgiammarco

I need to reset my two tp links three time to original config with openwrt official backfire 10.30 final build.

You had to do that because you tried to configure the QoS scripts or doing something else?

No I was trying wpa and 802.11s. BTW between two tplink I get only 44mbit. I hoped for more.

Hi, mgiammarco, How did you configure your routers? I can't get them see each other over 802.11s. Have you configured your router via luci or manually? What additional packages have you installed? What version of openwrt are you running? Anything special? In my case everything is configured thru luci on backfire 10.03. I have 1043ND and 941ND When I run

iw dev wlan0 station dump

I can see output only on 1 router and it says something like this:
Station 00:a7:19:d8:9f:8e (on wlan0)
    inactive time:    514620 ms
    rx bytes:    188629
    rx packets:    1571
    tx bytes:    192978
    tx packets:    3195
    signal:      -21 dBm
    tx bitrate:    1.0 MBit/s
    mesh llid:    0
    mesh plid:    0
    mesh plink:    LISTEN

I tried to configure wifi interface to have only 802.11s network and to have both 802.11s and AP networks at the same time. With and without encryption. No luck.
What should I do to make it work.
Thank you.

rdmitry wrote:
mgiammarco wrote:
FiReSTaRT wrote:

@mgiammarco

You had to do that because you tried to configure the QoS scripts or doing something else?

No I was trying wpa and 802.11s. BTW between two tplink I get only 44mbit. I hoped for more.

Hi, mgiammarco, How did you configure your routers? I can't get them see each other over 802.11s. Have you configured your router via luci or manually? What additional packages have you installed? What version of openwrt are you running? Anything special? In my case everything is configured thru luci on backfire 10.03. I have 1043ND and 941ND When I run

I can see output only on 1 router and it says something like this:
Station 00:a7:19:d8:9f:8e (on wlan0)
    inactive time:    514620 ms
    rx bytes:    188629
    rx packets:    1571
    tx bytes:    192978
    tx packets:    3195
    signal:      -21 dBm
    mesh llid:    0
    mesh plid:    0
    mesh plink:    LISTEN

I tried to configure wifi interface to have only 802.11s network and to have both 802.11s and AP networks at the same time. With and without encryption. No luck.
What should I do to make it work.
Thank you.

Small update. After scanning the network:

iw dev wlan0 scan

both devices start producing output for

It looks like this:

Station 00:1d:0f:f9:ad:1a (on wlan0)
    inactive time:    540 ms
    rx bytes:    13302
    rx packets:    196
    tx bytes:    440
    tx packets:    7
    signal:      -13 dBm
    mesh llid:    41798
    mesh plid:    31538
    mesh plink:    ESTAB

but I can see only one station in the output and ping still doesn't go between them. It seems to me the mesh is still not up. Any idea how to check it and fix.

Thank you, Dmitry

rdmitry wrote:
mgiammarco wrote:
FiReSTaRT wrote:

@mgiammarco

Hi, mgiammarco, How did you configure your routers? I can't get them see each other over 802.11s.

First bad news: I stopped trying 802.11s it does not work for me. I was able to use accesspoint(wds) and client(wds). But I was not able to connect a wrt54gl wds two my two tplinks so I stopped all my tests and I now run standard access point and standard client mode.

I have installed ath9k and wpad packages.

Hi !

I'm new to openwrt, tried DD-WRT before, but not very flexible stuff,
so i decided to give shibbys image a try.
Works fine so far except one thing we really NEED:

Looking for a utility to put one port of the switch to 10MBit/Fullduplex fixed with autonegotiation disabled.
This should possibly work through rtl8366-smi but how ?

Regards
Ralph

mgiammarco wrote:
rdmitry wrote:
mgiammarco wrote:

Hi, mgiammarco, How did you configure your routers? I can't get them see each other over 802.11s.

First bad news: I stopped trying 802.11s it does not work for me. I was able to use accesspoint(wds) and client(wds). But I was not able to connect a wrt54gl wds two my two tplinks so I stopped all my tests and I now run standard access point and standard client mode.

I have installed ath9k and wpad packages.

Hi mgiammarco, as far as I understand, you were able to get 2 1043NDs connected over encrypted 802.11s. And the speed of the connection was 44Mb/s. Could you, please, post the content of /etc/config/wireless and /etc/config/network files as I'm unable to get the routers connected over 802.11s

Thank you, Dmitry

Some strange problem here, the Firewall tab on luci is gone only under status, but there you cannot change anything.

574 (edited by CrazyChris 2010-05-06 09:08:18)

Has somebody some experiences with samba and a USB drive? What throughput can i expect? Is the small ram the bottleneck? So many questions. smile

I want to use a WR1043ND as a NAS and MPD server. (WAN and wireless is disabled)

1. Yes (you'll need a small swap partition in most cases)
2. About 4-5Mbyte/s
//Danne