OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: D-Link Dir-655

The content of this topic has been archived on 18 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,

I have D-Link DIR-655 and I want to install Openwrt but I don't know witch file to download for this model. Can anyone help me with that ?

Thank you.

Why won't Ubicom be supported? There is a Linux BSP distro available from Ubicom that demonstrates you can run Linux on their hardware.

http://developer.ubicom.com/wiki/index. … l_Ver2Rev2

I noticed either on open-wrt or dd-wrt that some people seem to think only the new IP7xxx chips support Linux, but the above Howto clearly demonstrates otherwise.

Can we please stir interest in Open-WRT for D-Link DIR-655 and other Ubicom based great routers?

i read some where that it cam be supported try your luck

jdwebmaster wrote:

i read some where that it cam be supported try your luck

How do I go about trying my luck?
Can I flash the device over ethernet?
I think I should be able to build OpenWRT myself... I have only browsed over the instructions so far - is it easy to add custom functionality? e.g. USB port support for external drives and share them over NFS or Samba?

I saw a post about the raw images and the BIN images, are there instructions for building BIN images? Any ideas on how to make a valid BIN image for the DIR-655? I wonder if the DIR-615 image would work?

If this doesn't work - how might I undo the damage I caused? Or at least upload a DLink image?

Hey!

Any news about Dlink dir-655? Unfortunately I bought it, and it seems that it is not supported, can't install OpenWRT.

Or do you have news?

(Last edited by kukodajanos on 16 Mar 2012, 09:01)

Dlink has released an emulator for their devices.  Build it and test your flash of any wrt firmware against it.  If it works, you should be able to use their libraries to build and flash your own bin packages if you know what you are doing.  I'd ask you to upload them somewhere, but that would be both presumptuous and a little selfish, not to mention putting you in a tight spot if somebody bricks a router.  Uploading your revision number and the methods you used that worked might be useful, though.

The discussion might have continued from here.