OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Kamikaze 8.09.2

The content of this topic has been archived on 1 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

The OpenWrt team would like to announce the release of Kamikaze 8.09.2

The official binaries, generated from the 8.09.2 svn tag, can be found here: http://downloads.openwrt.org/kamikaze/8.09.2/

This is the last update of the 8.09 release series, with the following notable changes:
* pptp nat contracting removed on brcm-2.4,  cause of dnat off-by-one port forwarding bug
* added antenna gpio support for nanostation loco2
* backported swconfig and IP-175C support for DIR-300 and similar atheros devices
* added a combined atheros image format with sysupgrade support
* fixed ethernet issues on fonera+
* fixed wgt634u regresssion introduced in 8.09.1
* disabled tcp ecn by default
* improved sysupgrade reliability
* added mtd support for fis table layout on redboot based systems
* add support for creating VMware VMDK images for x86
* fixed ipv6 interface setup on boot
* numerous madwifi fixes
* fixed ImageBuilder and SDK
* fixed failsafe mode on fonera+ and fonera 2.0
* fixed memory leaks in miniupnpd
* fixed escaping issues in ddns-scripts
* update X-Wrt to 8.09.2
* update LuCI to v0.8.8
* security fixes for openswan, tiff, libpng, kernel, curl, gnutls, openssl and dnsmasq

For a complete list of changes refer to https://dev.openwrt.org/milestone/Kamikaze%208.09.2

Note: The brcm47xx still won't work for those of you needing broadcom wifi, stick to brcm-2.4.
We will tell you when it does work.

Yours truly,
--
The release management team
Andy Boyett & Nicolas Thill

KAMIKAZE (8.09.1, r16278)

root@OpenWrt:~# dbhub
dbhub: can't resolve symbol '__uClibc_start_main'

gives me this error !!!          please help

felesteanu wrote:

gives me this error !!!          please help

Whatever "dbhub" is, it was compiled for the wrong uClibc version.

Yarrrr goddamnit guys, I was in the middle of some major haxoring while the -RC2 repository was pulled from below my feet wink Time to reflash and recompile toolchain...

What solution would be to install dbhub on Kamikaze (8.09.1, r16278) or that you could recommend me an Asus WL500 GP V2
   pls help

(Last edited by felesteanu on 11 Jan 2010, 00:21)

Gotta love folks that hijack news threads instead of starting their own...  smile

Devs, great work on 8.09.2!

Whether the monitor mode is available on WRT54GL for this version kamikaze? In 8.09.1 was not available.

PrzemWas

I installed Kamikaze (8.09.2, r18961) but still gives me the same error when I start .. :
    root @ OpenWrt: ~ # dbhub
dbhub: can not resolve symbol '__uClibc_start_main'
root @ OpenWrt: ~ #

I installed and packages for dbhub: libpthread - libssl but unfortunately the same story
   What can you recommend a router WL500 gp v2??? dbhub want to install it.

Or what version of openwrt (or something) on an Asus wl500gp v2 run dbhub

(Last edited by felesteanu on 11 Jan 2010, 15:55)

!!!!

Congratulation. Great job, guys!!! Looking forward to upgrade my old trusty WGT634U.

@felesteanu: Why don't you use trac to report a bug?! Spaming the forum is bad idea...

Very nice.

I'm looking forward to installing 8.09.2 on my WL500gP v1 with atheros wifi card.

Do you expect to make brcm47xx Wi-Fi working for the next version? Will it be soon?

Telordya wrote:

Do you expect to make brcm47xx Wi-Fi working for the next version? Will it be soon?

It more or less depends on the progress of b43, it works okay in current trunk revisions but is not on-par with the performance of wl.o

~ JoW

Hi,

openwrt developers, thanks for your great work!

Is it possible to do a direct upgrade from 8.09.1 to 8.09.2 via opkg?

Something like that:
sed -i 's/8.09.1/8.09.2/' /etc/opkg.conf
opkg update
opkg upgrade

Or is it necessary to reinstall openwrt completely?
I am running my openwrt installation from an USB device. From my point of view it should be possible to do a direct upgrade via opkg.

Regards Claus

Bartman007 wrote:

This is the last update of the 8.09 release series

"last" as "latest" / "newest" or maybe "there won't be any more updates for 8.09" ?

claus wrote:

Hi,

openwrt developers, thanks for your great work!

Is it possible to do a direct upgrade from 8.09.1 to 8.09.2 via opkg?

Something like that:
sed -i 's/8.09.1/8.09.2/' /etc/opkg.conf
opkg update
opkg upgrade

Or is it necessary to reinstall openwrt completely?
I am running my openwrt installation from an USB device. From my point of view it should be possible to do a direct upgrade via opkg.

Regards Claus

Hi Claus,

I might be mistaken, but I think you can "upgrade" using mtd command directly from device itself. Beware you WILL loose all your settings, as this will overwrite device's flash...

HTH

The discussion might have continued from here.