OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Netgear WGT634U What Kamikaze revision?

The content of this topic has been archived on 23 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I got a WGT634 and want to flash Kamikaze. What is the best revision? I don't have a serial and just want to try Kamikaze on this AP. Who tried to flash Kamikaze to a wgt634u and what revision did you tried? Did the revision worked without problems?

If you do not have a serial cable, do not try Kamikaze on a WGT634U.  It is highly recommended that you have a serial cable with any router, but it is critical with the WGT because there is no other recovery method in the event that you misconfigure the network settings or put the router into a state that OpenWRT can't fully boot.

So then I want to buy a serial. Where do I get one? I found in the wikki a small tutorial, but the link to RadioShack doesn't work. I get "Your search for 2103605 found 0 results". So there do I get one and how much does it cost?

Radio Shack Cable 22 (USB Data Cable) works great in Linux and XP , it's made by FutureDial (Prolific PL2303)

Cheers

It's a life saver if you play around with Kamikaze, expect the worse! The WGT634U and Kamikaze is a DOG!

(Last edited by breath on 19 Feb 2007, 15:56)

The discussion might have continued from here.