OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: OWFS -- any plans porting it to kamikaze?

The content of this topic has been archived on 29 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,
I'd like to know if someone can please help me or do it itself to port the OneWireFileSystem into buildroot-ng. It's hard for me to understand the whole makefile making thingy in this case. The old files are located here:
http://home.mag.cx/openwrt/source/mk/package/owfs/

I'd also like to ask if someone can tell me, how to implement an option in package configuration that is not threestated, but can take integer values (like in some kernel sound card drivers for IRQ etc.)?

Thanks in advance,
olg

I have updated the makefiles to compile the latest owfs-version 2.5p10, but I haven't tested it for the kamiaze build.
Same url as you wrote...

/Christian

Hm, but on the  kamikaze buildroot(ng) it does not compile..

olg@E ~/openwrt/trunk $ nice make V=99
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/olg/openwrt/trunk/scripts/config'
make[1]: `conf' is up to date.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/olg/openwrt/trunk/scripts/config'
Collecting package info: package/owfsMakefile:30: /home/olg/openwrt/trunk/package/rules.mk: No such file or directory

It think there are only minor changes nesessary, but I don't know how it could be done. I've also looked at some other Makefiles, maybe with some trial-and-error...
But it would be nice, if you or someone, with more knowlege in this makefile topic than I, could port this to Kamikaze.

Another question:
How is best way to implement an GPIO-bitbanging driver? Rewrite the  ow_ds9097.c or create a whole new adapter?
I like to use owfs without a spare UART on my device, like on the AR5315. Also the whole soldering would be reduced to one resistor between data and ground.

bye,
olg

The discussion might have continued from here.