OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: (Request) CFE.BIN (or WHOLEFLASH.BIN) from a WAP54G v2

The content of this topic has been archived on 8 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello, everybody:

I've searched the forum, the  wiki and Google and was unable to find what I need.

Over an year ago I bricked my WAP54G v2 while trying to install OpenWrt on it (pre-whiterussian if I recall it right). Since I don't have soldering skills I gave up on it and went on buying a couple of WRT54G and using OpenWrt on them.

Recently, since I'm in need of another Access Point to expand my wireless coverage, I grabbed my WAP54G out of the box again and decided to give it another try. I was able to solder the JTAG correctly and using both the software and the instructions from the HairyDairyMaid Debrick Utility I was able to get the flash and Broadcom correctly identified (which increased my confidence in that I did get the JTAG soldered/built correctly). After that I erased the NVRAM and tried to get it booted to see if it worked, without sucess. I then tried to flash several CFE.BIN files on it always without being able to get it to accept the TFTP connections I threw at it.

Using strings on the several CFE.BIN I was able to find out that none was specific to my WAP54G v2. Since I believe that this is the reason I'm unable to get it flashed, I'm asking out for help.

So if anyone that has a working WAP54G v2 (please make sure it's version 2, since I tried at least a CFE.BIN from a version 3 without sucess) can she/he be so kind to extract its CFE.BIN and post or PM it? (My personal model is the 2Mb/8Mb flavour, so if anyone with a equal model replies it'll be the cherry on top of the cake)

If one has such a model and version but doesn't know how to extract the CFE.BIN please browse to the Customizing Firmware CFE page (only point 1.2.1 is needed) or feel free to post and I'll try my best to help out with this operation.

In advance, to all my sincere appreciation,

(Oh, by the way if anyone has another sugestion or clue why I'm unable to get the TFTP working on it please feel free to post)

Well, that's what I get for not reading ALL of the rtfm's!
HELP!  WRT54G v2.0 Brick requests the presence of a working CFE.BIN or WHOLEFLASH.BIN to revive itself.
Have built HairyDairyMaid's JTAG Cable and have sucessfully communicated with router. I believe I overwrote the CFE while attempting to tftp. Links to or files sent would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - NMIVector

hi!
I can help you with cfe.bin for wap54v2 . Pls e-mail me

need also cfe.bin and/or wholeflash
instruction about jtag pinout would also be very helpfull

if you like you can also send the files + jtag pinout to:
robbip@arcor.de

(Last edited by cybero2912 on 1 Nov 2007, 16:12)

hello friends, I have a wap54g v1.0 AP with 4702 chip and 2mb flash, my AP is bricked so I build a jtag cable, but when I flash with the wrt54g.exe then I need the wholeflash.bin , nvram.bin , cfe.bin , kernel.bin and I cant get theme, so please, may you help me sending me those files? I know you can do a backup of them in cmd telnet mode. I cant get theme another way. Please help me

The discussion might have continued from here.