OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Captive Portal Setup on AR150 Support (Service req.)

The content of this topic has been archived on 25 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

This might violate terms of the forum that I've not read, apologies. I picked up an GL-iNET MIFI (AR150) and have been trying unsuccessfully to get CoovaChilli running. Or Nodogsplash. I'm clearly missing something. I'm not familiar with OpenWrt but am not foreign to systems, just this one. The write-ups out there are not complete enough for me to get to the finished line, when I connect to the Wi-Fi network, a captive portal window automatically appears. I've also tried Andrew Wippler's NGINX option but I had an error. I've not flashed the firmware with the clean version that GL provides. That's my next starting point.

If someone out there could publish a complete step-by-step, I'm willing to pay a small fee for it immediately upon install. Thank you.

You might consider to create a project on freelancerDOTcom or upwork. Config of coova-chilli is not trivial in general.
As I do this for a living, I might bid :-)

I posted the opportunity on Upwork. Title: Captive Portal on GL-AR150

Found it. However, budget too low for me.
Good luck.

(Last edited by augustus_meyer on 3 Feb 2018, 02:38)

The discussion might have continued from here.