Hi,

I'm working on deep kexec support in OpenWRT. The objective it's a more "simple" testing way when porting devices to OpenWRT. The idea is connect to the target device using the internal serial connection; and use the stock bootloader to boot a simple standalone (aka "initramfs-kernel.bin", that is a kernel with RAMDISK support).This kernel also has "kexec" kernel support and "kexec-tools". Then you can develop and test your kernels in development without touching the flash, as you boot first the kexec kernel and then you chain to your new in-dev kernel. Only when you are sure that your port is completed, then you can try to flash this new kernel (without touching the bootloader). And finally you can complete the header for flashing it from stock and upgrade the bootloader.

This is more or less my idea. However still steps needs to be completed.

First, it's the official support for "kexec-tools". The current package doesn't compile because a 20 months old patch isn't commited:
h*t*t*p*s://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/22448#no1

I confirm that copying this patch "0006-gnu-source-fixup.patch" to "package/boot/kexec-tools/patches/" the compilation completes when selecting the "kexec-tools". If not the compilation fails with an error like:
kexec-tools error: unknown type name 'loff_t'

So, please can you commit this patch?
Thank you!