OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TL-WR1043ND v3 - Wi-Fi 20 Mbps speed limit - w/o any QoS installed

The content of this topic has been archived on 27 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello guys,

I'm quite new to OpenWrt (though I've made this account today, I'm using it for about 6-7 months, at least) and I think I've searched the whole internet for this issue - and I could not get it fixed.. sad

I'm using a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v3 and I've installed Chaos Calmer 15.05, with LuCi WebGUI.
Don't know how or why, but on wireless connection every device is limited to ~20 Mbps/device. And I have no idea how to solve it... If I would have 3, 4 or 8 devices connected at once, and speed test them (or download something at the same time) all of them would reach ~20 Mbps, but not get over that speed. So, I guess it means that physically is capable of better/greater speeds.

Wireless settings are like this (it's a b/g/n 2.4 Ghz Atheros QCA9558 - with 3 antennas):
- Operating frequency  - Mode  "N" (only this and "Legacy" are available)
                                      - Channel  "11" (I have quite a few Wi-Fi APs around from my neightboors, and they
                                                                  use some other channels - guess no need to explains this...)
                                      - Width  "40 MHz"
                                      - Transmit Power  "auto"

* Because I've wanted to test a few apps (like Transmission, OpenVPN and others..) and the router's flash has not enough space, I've bought a 2.0 16GB USB stick, and made it "default flash" as it runs - I guess, you might know better than me what I did here and you don't need any other details.. (though if you need it, I'll provide it - as much as I know).

* I've installed some QoS softwares, but did not used them at all (so, no rules or other configurations were made) - I thought they would come in handy, but realised that I don't need them, so I have uninstalled them - same speed issue before and after installation.

Please help with any information or ideas you have on this! smile
Thanks for landing me your time on reading this - I appreciate! smile

Hi, I'd start by flashing most recent snapshot (https://downloads.lede-project.org/snap … x/generic/). You have imo the best router for openwrt, so I think it should work perfectly. I'm using CC on my v2 and it works several years now with hdd attached and wifi performance is 80mbit behind one wall. Your v3 is more recent and there's a chance it was not optimized in CC (yet). If you will miss web ui, you can easily install it from command line (https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/luci.essentials).

nozombian wrote:

Hi, I'd start by flashing most recent snapshot. You have imo the best router for openwrt, so I think it should work perfectly. I'm using CC on my v2 and it works several years now with hdd attached and wifi performance is 80mbit behind one wall. Your v3 is more recent and there's a chance it was not optimized in CC (yet). If you will miss web ui, you can easily install it from command line.

Thank you very much! If that's the only chance I can get it fixed, it means I'm gonna lose all my settings and have to  configure it from scrach. I think I'm gonna give it a try though in a few days so I can be free of work and have enough time for troubleshooting (in case if something goes wrong). Thanks again and have a good one!

Edit #1 (Jan 17, 2018):
------------------------------------------
Updated to the last snapshot.. Unfortunately, my Wi-Fi speed limit/device it's not fixed.. sad
But thank you for advice - now I know where to find latest updates. smile

(Last edited by shk on 17 Jan 2018, 14:12)

The discussion might have continued from here.