OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: [Closed]build a tl-wr1043nd v4 image with openwrt chaos calmer

The content of this topic has been archived on 22 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,

I am trying to build a firmware with OpenWRT chaos calmer for tl-wr1043nd v4.

I got stuck in make menuconfig. Which firmware includes the QCA9563 and QCA9563 WLAN?
This is what I cannot find on the OpenWRT wiki and other helpful pages.

I saw the Ubiquity uses the board QCA9563 and the WLAN. Which part is to choose in the make menuconfig to have that QCA9563 included?

If that works, I hand this firmware image over to OpenWRT.

Many Thanks

(Last edited by AnyfiTester on 27 Nov 2017, 14:56)

The TL-WR1043nd v4 was released about around summer 2016, Chaos Calmer is 2.5 years old - find the gap.

LEDE has gained support for the TL-WR1043nd v4 in december 2016, support is present the 17.01.x releases and the snapshot builds.

(Last edited by slh on 21 Nov 2017, 23:07)

many thanks. I analyze the to get the firmware out for QCA9563.

That really doesn't make sense, OpenWrt and LEDE are (might be) merging again (which involves taking LEDE's source code), LEDE 17.04.1 is a stable release with all the recent security issues patched. Just install LEDE 17.01.4 and be done with it.

Hello,
many thanks. I try to explain why LEDE does not help me. These firmwares work awesome on TL-WR1043ND v4. One of mine's TL-WR1043ND v4 is flashed with that.

Have you ever thought about to use a Software Defined Wireless Networking? There is only one existing, which offers you homespots and hotspots. Your home-wifi roams to an OpenWRT WiFi-Router somewhere else. These are two architectures called HOTSPOT and SIMPLE. The HOTSPOT and SIMPLE use OpenWRT with a RadioAgent named Anyfi.net-App. LEDE is also OpenWRT, however, Anyfi.net-App does not work on LEDE nor the snapshot from the trunk. I really tested that several months ago and have not been stopping until now to find a charming solution.

I found out I have to use the QCA998x firmware. Here is the QCA9563 included, because either I can use 2,4 GHz or 5 GHz.

Now I have built an image with the git repository openwrt and through me out a v4 firmware.This day I am going to change some modules. Then I hope the Anyfi.net-App works after install.

Have a nice day and again thank you

(Last edited by AnyfiTester on 22 Nov 2017, 04:52)

That just means that your 3rd party software needs to be fixed (at least rebuilt) to work with LEDE (or current OpenWrt trunk). If source is available and not too bad, that shouldn't be too difficult and generally a better idea than sticking to an old code base.

(Last edited by slh on 22 Nov 2017, 05:02)

Yes, many thanks for the hint. I thought that would be easy. The Anyfi.net-App is closed source and property of Anyfi Networks. On the bleeding edge opkg cannot install Anyfi.net, because files are locked. The Anyfi.net-App wants on LEDE to get a string with OpenWRT from the OS.

Anyfi.net-App is far as I know is written for Barrier Breaker and Chaos Calmer.

The discussion might have continued from here.