OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: WebRTC / Beonair replacement

The content of this topic has been archived on 30 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,

first of all sorry if this is a completely stupid idea, but I'm searching a solution for a maybe quite common problem, which could be easy and genious possible with openwrt but I don't see a beginners explanation...

I need to build up a conference / translation tool where on person speaks and multiple (maybe 10) are listening. There are solutions like the beonairapp .com but I think it could be much simpler.

With most mobiles nowadays are capable of WebRTC one could basically setup a openwrt-device opening a wifi network with a default landing page that links mobiles connecting to it to a WebRTC - connection. So people would not need an app, there are no 3rdparty servers involved and people would be happy *IHopeAtLeast*

Can somebody tell me if this is:
1) possible at all
2) easy enough for a non software engineer
3) or totally stupid because:...

Any help appreciated!

Best Regards,
leo

Hi,

after some fiddling I got it working. Android phones work quite fine and after chosing the WLAN they play the stream in the "new-wifi-wants-your-ok" page. Apple on the other hand is totally broken and will not be supported by myself...
Whoever is interested, I documented it very oldschool on my asocial website:
leo.j-crew.de/index.php?slab=translator

And a big thankyou for all developers of openWRT!

Best Regards,
leo

The discussion might have continued from here.