OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Installing reaver and pixie in openwrt HELP!!!

The content of this topic has been archived on 28 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Installing reaver and pixie in openwrt. I installed openwrt on my nanobridge m2 now i need to know how to install those two packages. I went to software and looked through all packages but i didn't see any reaver or pixie wps.

Need help please.

(Last edited by tripplex95 on 21 Oct 2017, 04:36)

reaver is available (at least for ar71xx) in 15.05.1:

reaver     r113-1     149746     Reaver targets the external registrar functionality mandated by the WiFi Protected Setup specification. Access points will provide authenticated registrars with their current wireless configuration (including the WPA PSK), and also accept a new configuration from the registrar.

how do you install it? Instructions Please...

The same way anything else is installed: opkg update then opkg install reaver.  This will take about 1 MB of the flash memory.  You then have the two command-line programs reaver and wash.

Reaver needs a monitor / injection mode interface, you can directly create it in /etc/config/wireless.

config wifi-iface 
    option ifname 'mon0'
    option device radio0
    option mode monitor

(Last edited by mk24 on 25 Nov 2017, 15:21)

i am running the Chaos Calmer 15.05.1 on ubnt bullet m2.
I keep getting error: opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package reaver.

is the opkg update succeeding?

It will also tell you why it can't be installed, such as out of flash space or unable to download.

The discussion might have continued from here.