OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: OH NO! I cant get back into my Router. Please Help!

The content of this topic has been archived on 31 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

My router has the LTE/UMTS MC7455 module (sim slot).  Under Interfaces i selected the LAN interface and modified the protcol from Static IP to "UMTS/GPRS" thinking that when i select it, it will now trigger internet access via the MC7455 module.  When i clicked Save & Apply i no longer was able to access my router via Luci.  I cant even get access via wifi nor can i access SSH.

What do i do to regain access?  Meaning, how do i switch that interface back to "Static IP"?

My router is the ZBT-WG3526.  Ideally i dont want to factory reset and lose the current OpenWRT firmware on it.

And btw, i am a total n00b so please walk me through step by step if there is a way to resolve this.

(Last edited by MrRuff on 8 Aug 2017, 04:05)

If you're a complete noob at this why play around with fire in the first place...

What you can do is..
1. Unplug the SIM and plug your laptop in the LAN port and try and access it that way
2. Access the serial console via the CONSOLE port on the back of the router (most have one..)
3. Reset the router (last option, especially if its been configured to your internet details)

Much appreciated for the reply.  I ended up getting it fixed via the FailSafe mode.

The discussion might have continued from here.