OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Huawei E3373: not working

The content of this topic has been archived on 6 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,

I'm using a Huawei LTE-stick which works fine on my Ubuntu-machine but seems to not work on OpenWrt.

What I found:
lsusb shows that the stick is recognized with the id 12d1:14dc. On my Ubuntu-PC the device initally connects via the id 12d1;1f01 (a CD-Rom) and then is switched to 12d1:14dc by the program usb-modeswitch. On OpenWrt the program is usbmode, this uses the file /etc/usb-mode.json for configuration. By removing the entry 12d1:1f01 in the json-file and then rebooting the stick will be recognized as Cd-Rom. So it looks like everything is OK (and I've put the entry into the json-file again).

About the machine: it has an eth0 as a built-in device and in ifconfig an additional device is visible as eth1. But br-wan does not get an IP-address. The stick shows it's connected by the blue little led.

Do you need more information?

What can I do to make it work?

AugustQ

Hi,

please excuse for being so late but I was busy in the last weeks.

OK, solved: to make this stick working you do need these packages: usb-modeswitch wwan

That's it, but you need both packages. Maybe you need to do some modifications in the network-file but nothing more.

Regards
AugustQ

PS: at least it worked for me here.

The discussion might have continued from here.