OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Bricked Linkysys WRT1900 ACS

The content of this topic has been archived on 10 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

After receiving my Linkysys WRT1900 ACS I flashed it with ExpressVPN's version to have VPN service cover all of my homes devices. A week later I didn't care for it as there were too many limitations. I contacted ExpressVPN and they attempted to walk my through reverting back to the original firmware. Towards the end of the install our chat session was cut off because of the router rebooting. This fouled things up enough that it's now bricked. When I attempt to do anything with it all browsers give me the following error:

ERROR: Missing localized string!|ERROR: Missing localized string!|ERROR: Missing localized string!|ERROR: Missing localized string!
© 2016 Belkin International, Inc. ERROR: Missing localized string!

I tried both the rear button button reset and the rebooting procedure of on and off 3 times and nothing has helped. I continue to get the same error message.

I also contacted Linkysys and in the end couldn't provide a fix. They did send me a new router (WRT3200 ACM) and said to trash the old one. I'd like to get it up and running for either a backup or to extend my network.

I only have Macs to work with, so any possible fixes will have to be OS 10.12.4 friendly.

Thanks for any help.

(Last edited by Oakydoke on 21 Jun 2017, 20:21)

bump

The discussion might have continued from here.