OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: My chaoscalmer'ed 1043nd doesn't like my laptop anymore

The content of this topic has been archived on 18 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

They were playing nice. Up until today.

Something happened this morning (power failure on the router) and the ping from the laptop is just totally missing - no answer at all for minute or three and then the connectivity is back for some 10-15 seconds. It's really maddening.

I tried everything a common user like me can do - starting from restarts. Googled a lot. No luck.

Affected is only wifi connectivity to laptop. The cable connectivity to pc and wifi connectivity to phones is ok.

I hate to be bothersome for people around but I really can't deal with this issue on my own.

Why am I writing this here - when I disconnect the WAN (at some time I wondered if somebody ddosed my router) and after router reboot the wifi is just fine - no problem at all. Tested for couple of hours and wifi was ok but got no internet. Then I connected the wan again and the problem reappered. Tried to disconnect wan cable - the problem was still there. Rebooted the router with no wan - wifi is ok.

Laptop was not powered to power socket at the time of the power failure. Could it be harm in the router?

These two buddies were best friends until this morning. Tried everything, googled everything i thought of, but still can't figure what's happening.

Guys, any idea is appreciated.

p.s. 1043 is v1.7
laptop wifi is intel 5100 agn

well I found my problem, although it seemed that the router had something to do with it - eventually it didn't.

the problem was the openvpn service on my laptop. stopped it and everything runs ok now.

The discussion might have continued from here.