OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: lost MR18 forum thread

The content of this topic has been archived on 3 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

It seems the forum thread relating to installing openwrt on the MR18 has been deleted.

Any chance of an admin recovering this?
I was in the middle of using it.

riptide_wave if I would want to issue sysupgrade on mr18, can I use some newer openwrt image while keeping all working like is should? I'm trying to get openvpn on the device which requires newer image.

davidk wrote:

riptide_wave if I would want to issue sysupgrade on mr18, can I use some newer openwrt image while keeping all working like is should? I'm trying to get openvpn on the device which requires newer image.

You should be safe to sysupgrade to any official image built for the MR18.

Also just as a notice, a new root method was found and published. More info can be found at https://servernetworktech.com/2017/06/p … r18-again/ and the Wiki will be updated once I get around to it. Video of the new method is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTaHjNnHt6E

riptide_wave wrote:
davidk wrote:

You should be safe to sysupgrade to any official image built for the MR18.

Also just as a notice, a new root method was found and published. More info can be found at servernetworktech and the Wiki will be updated once I get around to it. Video of the new method is at youtube rTaHjNnHt6E

Gr8 news for new root method. Users that did not had luck with old would definitely appreciate it.

Pls, only one noobish question to avoid me bricking my mr18. Can you point me to some repository where I can find official images built for mr18?

(Last edited by davidk on 10 Jun 2017, 11:32)

THNX ppl. Flashed it and installed OpenVPN. Works like a charm. smile

Guys, now in light of this WPA2 vulnerability madness, can someone try to explain me if trunks like mr18 has will be able to receive WPA2 patch or should we seek other solutions for mr18  in specific? THNX.

P.s. Is there somewhere trunk change log or something that has recent changes in it described?

(Last edited by davidk on 17 Oct 2017, 08:09)

The discussion might have continued from here.