OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: miniDLNA stop serving the medias on Zappit One 4K

The content of this topic has been archived on 21 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi;

I am using the OpenWrt on my new device: Zappit One 4K

I followed all instructions to enable the miniDLNA and after that it works perfect. I got the message:
"miniDLNA status:
The miniDLNA service is active, serving 0 audio, 776 video and 0 image"

When I turned of the device and turned on again, the server is still enable but all files disappeared. The message I got is:
"miniDLNA status:
The miniDLNA service is active, serving 0 audio, 0 video and 0 image"

I contact the Zappit manufacturer but they said nobody reported this issue so far.

Any help?

(Last edited by lombardi.luiz on 11 Apr 2017, 20:17)

Does it work if you restart the miniDLNA service? Perhaps miniDLNA is scanning the disk containing the media before it gets mounted.

I did several restart without solution. To works again I have to disable miniDLNA, save, turn off the system and turn on again and redo all steps to enable.

It return to work just while the system is on. When I turn off the system and turn on again all media disappeared again. Very annoying.

I think eduperez is correct in whats going on because I had the same problem, here's what I do for my minidlna server, I get minidlna set up to where it's working and serving media, then in Luci I go to System>Startup and disable minidlna, don't disable it from the minidlna settings page, only disable from the Startup page, then in Local Startup (bottom of startup page) I put commands to mount my drive and start minidlna, so something like this -

sleep 5
mount /dev/sda1 -o rw,async
/etc/init.d/minidlna start

Change specifics for your needs of course, this way the drive will be mounted before minidlna starts and it will be able to see the files.

How have you configured the drive to be mounted at boot?

I really don´t know how to do this, because the device is one Media Center, with a installed owner software. I know how to works with Windows, but not with Android. Can you give some tips how to do that?

Thanks

When you said "I am using the OpenWrt on my new device: Zappit One 4K", I understood you had installed OpenWRT on it. Now, is the miniDLNA server running on that device? Or is it running in another device (hopefully running OpenWRT)?

The Zappiti One  4K came with openWrt, but the miniDLNA is not enable by default. So, I follow instructions available in the Zappiti forum, and enable it, and the problems happen after this as mentioned.

Zappiti is like a mini computer, running with a dedicated software to be a Media Center. It uses the Realtek RTD1295 chipset.

I can't think of any solution that does not involve connecting to the device by SSH and editing some files using an editor; do you think you could do that?

I have knowledge with Windows platform, but don´t know the SSH and how to access the files on the device (maybe through USB port or by web using the IP address?) and which file I have to edit

the drive is probably not mounted when minidlna service is started. some usb drives have this issue, some of them not.

one solution for this is mount the drive as extroot since AA the device waits for the extroot to mount before starting the services.

or read this: https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/fstab# … re_startup

look for "Wait for mount is done" and follow the steps there.

or you can just file a complaint for the manufacturer and fix the issue with late drive mounting issue with the affected product.

(Last edited by remlei on 14 Apr 2017, 11:48)

SOLVED.

I would thank the all suggestions, mainly from eduperez and nxtd. The solution is quite simple, but I lose some time because you must follow strict the command, without uppercase and with blank space. Total instruction is:

Go to Luci
System>Startup
disable minidlna, don't disable it from the minidlna settings page, only disable from the Startup page
Go to Local Startup (bottom of startup page) and put commands to mount the drive and start minidlna

The command in my case is:

sleep 5
mount /dev/sda2 -o rw,async
/etc/init.d/minidlna start
exit 0

Again, all of you are an outstanding. Very thanks

The discussion might have continued from here.