OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: BT homehub 5b

The content of this topic has been archived on 26 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,
was wondering if somebody has ever looked at this device: https://wikidevi.com/wiki/BT_Home_Hub_5B?

It seems there's the kernel and userspace code available to download, and I can post one of those if somebody is willing to commit and get openwrt on these devices?

Thanks in advance!

Dario

Hi

I have had the chance to play with a HomeHub 5B.

Under the cover, most of the clockwork is obscured by a heat sink, which can be carefully removed by heating the solder points on the underside to reveal a Broadcom chip labelled BCM63168UKFEBG.  I understand other routers based on the BCM63168 are supported -- there is an OpenWRT page on this chip.  I have found a likely UART port next to the chip.

I have photos but unfortunately the forum won't let me post them, so I have put them on the Wikidevi page for the device.

(Last edited by sherm2000 on 31 Mar 2017, 10:36)

Hi
I'm the "lucky" owner of a HomeHub 5B.
I can't find any guide or anything about this device, is there any active project or investigation ?

There is no support for its wireless cards, nor for the VDSL modem either, which makes it rather useless even if the SOC itself could be supported.

I really don't need the DSL modem working, nor the wireless. I really need it working as a firewall, so if the SOC and switch are supported, I would be more than happy to deploy and be the guinea pig smile

Thanks!
Dario

The discussion might have continued from here.