OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Potential Buyer

The content of this topic has been archived on 16 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,
I've been considering this router. I really like the idea of it. However, what concerns me, is that:
1 - There don't seem to be very many posts or reviews online from people who've actually tried this device and come away with a positive impression.
2 - I've been reading the forums and while many of the posts are a month old, it does concern me whether or not I'd have great difficulty in getting this working. I'm not into using the NAS and server functionality much, nor changing any of the internal components. At most, I'd run OpenVPN on it. But given that other people rely on me, I'd be under pressure, if it doesn't work more or less out of the box. Which isn't too nice. I'm not extremely tech-savvy, but I'm somewhere in the middle; Fairly newish Linux & VPN user, currently run DD-WRT on my router, dabbled a bit in a couple of programming languages, but never enough to become serious, know how to assemble a PC, etc. So, at this stage of development, what SHOULD I expect, upon opening the box?
3 - It's not clear if it ships with all the required power cables and such.
Thank you.

I didn't get the right answer from the internet

What device are you talking about...?

The discussion might have continued from here.