OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Build-ca certificate freeze

The content of this topic has been archived on 18 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Good day,
I have installed on a Banana Pi OpenWrt.
When creating the certificate, however, I have the problem, which after the execution of the command build-ca nothing more in the shell does. In the web interface I can navigate without problems.

Screenshot: www2.pic-upload.de/img/32740908/Unbenannt.png

Where is the problem ?

Greetings

If I recall correctly, that command is quite CPU intensive, and can take quite a lot of time to complete.

A lot of Time? The Pi has a Dual Core Processor, ARM7 and i let it run a Hour.

Hello,
Yes, its a Script.
It is located in /usr/sbin/build-ca
I will let it run today some hours and then i will see. If it doesnt work anyways, i will try to run it manually.
Greetings

Again, i let it run 2 or 3 Hours without any Reaction, in Top is no CPU Intensive Process seen.

Have you edited vars file before and executed

source vars

before running build-ca?

https://wiki.openwrt.org/inbox/vpn.howto

(Last edited by ulmwind on 25 Feb 2017, 22:04)

A couple of hours is definitively too much...

Hello,
So now i edited vars, following: https://wiki.openwrt.org/inbox/vpn.howto
But ive noticed, that when i run "clean-all" the Command is not finishing.

Greetings

"clear-all" is a simple script that you can open and read easily; I would just execute it step by step, and see where it hangs.

There is also a ". /etc/easy-rsa/vars" line at the beginning, that should have given a value to the KEY_DIR variable; not executing that line could have wiped your entire system...

Hello,
ops big_smile
So i setup the System now again.
I tried to execute the . /etc/easy-rsa/vars script.
Its hanging.
This is really Annoying ._.
Is it possible that OpenVPN isnt Compatible with Arm7 Processors ? 

Greetings

File "/etc/easy-rsa/vars" should only contain a bunch of variables being initialized, there is no reason why it should hang... unless it has been wrongly edited. Could you please paste the contents of that file here?

Ok, all that file seems pretty innocent and unable to cause any trouble... except for line #28:

`/usr/sbin/whichopensslcnf $EASY_RSA`

That line executes command "/usr/sbin/whichopensslcnf $EASY_RSA" (where $EASY_RSA is "/etc/easy-rsa", and assigns the result to $KEY_CONFIG. Perhaps that command is hanging for some reason; could you please execute this line?

/usr/sbin/whichopensslcnf /etc/easy-rsa

Does the directory

/etc/easy-rsa

exist? What is its content?

Hello,
Here the Result: http://pastebin.com/dQb8edKy

The Content is listed there.
Its existing.

Greetings

As you can see, script tries to find openssl.cnf, but openssl-1.0.0.cnf exists. I don't know, why mismatch takes place. You can try to create corresponding symlink.

Could i not rename the file either way ?

No, just create symlink:

ln -s /etc/easy-rsa/openssl-1.0.0.cnf /etc/easy-rsa/openssl.cnf

Ok, can't see result. Does it hang again? Please, run the same command manually:

/usr/sbin/whichopensslcnf /etc/easy-rsa

The Output:
root@OpenWrt:~# /usr/sbin/whichopensslcnf /etc/easy-rsa
/etc/easy-rsa/openssl.cnf
root@OpenWrt:~#

And build-ca is hanging.

The discussion might have continued from here.