OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Disabling NAT and DHCP on OpenWRT routed client router

The content of this topic has been archived on 17 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,

i haven ADSL router (Rouer A) which provides Internet connectivity. Then i have an OpenWRT Router (Router B) wirelessly connected to Router A as "Routed Client" as explained here "OpenWrt Wiki » Welcome to OpenWrt » HOWTOs » Client Mode Wireless" Also, another ADSL router configured as bridge AP (Router C) is connected to Router B via ethernet cable and also provides WiFi connectivity via ExtWiFi SSID. Lastly, i have another OpenWRT router (Router D) also configured as Routed Client and wirelessly connected to Router C through ExtWiFi SSID.

Router A is on 192.168.1.0/24 network. DHCP is enabled. 
Router B configured as Routed Client is on 192.168.2.0/24 network. NAT and DHCP are enabled.
Router C acting as Bridged AP is on 192.168.2.0/24 network. NAT and DHCP are disabled. 
Router D configured as Routed Client is on 192.168.3.0/24 network. NAT and DHCP are enabled. 

The thing is i'm looking to this docs "OpenWrt Wiki » Welcome to OpenWrt » HOWTOs » Client Mode Wireless" looking to different setups so i can wirelessly connect Router D to Router C while disabling NAT and DHCP on Router D so it could also belong to 192.168.2.0/24 network.

So i'm wondering, does anyone know how to setup Router D so it can be wirelessly connected to Router D while disabling NAT and forwarding DHCP requests to Router B? I would like to be able to transparently reach computers connected to Router B and Router D and vice versa.

Thanks

So, you already have router D connected to router C, using the "routed client mode". What you want to do now looks like the "bridged client mode". In general, you will need to use relayd, or depending on your hardware, try one of the other variants: WET mode, WDS mode, ...

The discussion might have continued from here.