OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TRENDnet tew-733gr Need help

The content of this topic has been archived on 15 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Looking for another firmware , but found nothing .
Can I put on it something from actual list of firmware , if yes - which one?
Thank u!

Your router uses a MediaTek MT7260 per wikidevi.  I did a quick search and there are several routers in the openwrt database that use that chip set.

One caveat, that I became aware of when I put openwrt on a TRENDnet TEW-732BR, is that Trendnet used a validation code at the end of the firmware file.  If the 733BR also uses a validation code, you will need to ensure that your openwrt firmware has an identical code for the first flash.  Not sure that the validation code is still used as this entry used a D-Link image and modified it for the Trendnet 810DR.  You can look for the validation code, if there is one, by opening the factory firmware in a hex editor.

The Trendnet TEW810DR uses the MT7260 with a flash size of 8mb and RAM 64MB and presently does not work with 5mHz channels.  This would be a good start - essentially you would have to verify the presense of a validation code from the Factory 733BR firmware, and if used,  ensure that it is in the OpenWRT 810DR firmware.  If the validation code is used you also would need to pad the file size to 16mb.

Here is a link to other MT7260 devices that are supported by OpenWRT.  None of the images have a 16mb size or are manufactured by Trendnet.

Another option would be to use the OpenWRT build system and build from scratch.

(Last edited by shep on 21 Feb 2017, 20:08)

The discussion might have continued from here.