OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Is an AWCR-20.00MD resonator suitable for my infrared remote controlle

The content of this topic has been archived on 28 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi! I'm new here. Whether it is suitable to post this question here? Since it's about remote problems.

Have anyone ever design an infrared remote controller? There is a homework for me to design a remote controller with several components.

But as I don't quite clearly know about the resonators which are necessary in a controller,  I want to ask for your help.

My friend recommend me some ceramic resonators, and I chose this one: AWCR-20.00MD.

Now can anyone ansewer me the following questions: 1.Should I take the quality factor into consideration if I use it in my controller? 2.Someone will use quartz crystal resonators when designing communication equipment, is it OK for me to use ceramic resonator rather than the crystal one?And what are the advantages and disadvantages of both of them? 3.Do you have any other recommendations of the resonator?

Any suggestion will be appreciated!Thank you very much !

FYI here's the datasheet of AWCR-20.00MD: kynix.com/uploadfiles/pdf8827/AWCR-20.00MD.pdf

Your question has nothing to do with OpenWrt.
The OpenWrt forum is not an electronics forum.
Please ask this question in a forum that's specialized in electronics.

The discussion might have continued from here.