OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Strange problem with a strange compilation hostapd

The content of this topic has been archived on 4 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Dear colleagues!

Please tell me, how can I solve my problem. I believe that it was not just me.

When compiling hostapd package, the Makefile is fetched not very new code, rolled back to an earlier version, packed it with tar.
In this case it appears that git branch has not connection with the git head and the resulting file does not pass checkout.

In my opinion, this is something very strange.
Why not download the latest version hostapd? Why just been built archive is not valid?

Can someone explain the reason for these errors and strange logic of compilation? How can I fix this?

About this my problem for over two years has opened OpenWRT ticket (#20898). https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/20898 But there is no one answer.

gmake[4]: Entering directory '/usr/home/openwrt/openwrt/openwrt/package/network/services/hostapd'
mkdir -p /usr/home/openwrt/openwrt/openwrt/dl
echo "Checking out files from the git repository..."; mkdir -p /usr/home/openwrt/openwrt/openwrt/tmp/dl && cd /usr/home/openwrt/openwrt/openwrt/tmp/dl && rm -rf hostapd-2015-03-25 && [ \! -d hostapd-2015-03-25 ] && git clone git://w1.fi/srv/git/hostap.git hostapd-2015-03-25 --recursive && (cd hostapd-2015-03-25 && git checkout 8278138e679174b1ec8af7f169c2810a8888e202 && git submodule update) && echo "Packing checkout..." && rm -rf hostapd-2015-03-25/.git &&     tar cjf /usr/home/openwrt/openwrt/openwrt/tmp/dl/hostapd-2015-03-25.tar.bz2 hostapd-2015-03-25 && mv /usr/home/openwrt/openwrt/openwrt/tmp/dl/hostapd-2015-03-25.tar.bz2 /usr/home/openwrt/openwrt/openwrt/dl/ && rm -rf hostapd-2015-03-25;
Checking out files from the git repository...
Cloning into 'hostapd-2015-03-25'...
Note: checking out '8278138e679174b1ec8af7f169c2810a8888e202'.

You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this
state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.

If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may
do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:

git checkout -b <new-branch-name>

HEAD is now at 8278138e6... tests: Verify OSEN BSS flag in scan results
Packing checkout...
tar: hostapd-2015-03-25: file changed as we read it
gmake[4]: *** [Makefile:434: /usr/home/openwrt/openwrt/openwrt/dl/hostapd-2015-03-25.tar.bz2] Error 1
gmake[4]: Leaving directory '/usr/home/openwrt/openwrt/openwrt/package/network/services/hostapd'
gmake[3]: *** [package/Makefile:192: package/network/services/hostapd/compile] Error 2
gmake[3]: Leaving directory '/usr/home/openwrt/openwrt/openwrt'
gmake[2]: *** [package/Makefile:188: /usr/home/openwrt/openwrt/openwrt/staging_dir/target-mips_34kc_uClibc-0.9.33.2/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/home/openwrt/openwrt/openwrt'
gmake[1]: *** [/usr/home/openwrt/openwrt/openwrt/include/toplevel.mk:183: world] Ошибка 2
gmake[1]: выход из каталога <</usr/home/openwrt/openwrt/openwrt>>
*** [world] Error code 2

make: stopped in /usr/home/openwrt/openwrt/openwrt
1 error

make: stopped in /usr/home/openwrt/openwrt/openwrt

Advance grateful for answers and recommendations,
Ogogon.

/usr/home/openwrt suggests you aren't using Linux to build. Unsupported file system or bad / partial port of git maybe?

Don't use
/usr/home
The recommended way is to work under
/home
i.e.
/home/user

You are gettingt issues, you don't want because yu don't know the access rights.
And if you are changed them, pardon, you are *stupied*

The discussion might have continued from here.