OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TL_MR3020 Install Offline package

The content of this topic has been archived on 21 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello guys,

I've just installed  openwrt-15.05-ar71xx-generic-tl-mr3020-v1-squashfs-factory.bin on my rooter.  I'm now trying to setup my Huawei usb dongle. I've read a tutorial ( webpage :h t t p hmm/ madet.my/2014/10/setup-openwrt-on-tp-link-tl-mr3020/) that I need to install some packages first to enable USB services. I have connected the MR3020 by ethernet on my PC which have internet connection from iphone (USB).   

When I try to "update Lists" , I get :

wget: bad address 'downloads.openwrt. org' . So maybe the router dont see the internet?

I then tried to find a way to download manually the said packages by using the links from the log file without success. 

What is the best way to make to make that 4G dongle works? sad

regards,

Fred

In the routers LAN settings, set the gateway to the IP of your PC.  Also set the DNS to the PC, or a public DNS like Google at 8.8.8.8.

thank you for you help!  I was able to install all these package except usb-modeswitch-data which I receive the  "unknown package" message.  I've tried to reboot and list the device with "cat /proc/bus/usb/devices" in putty but I receive "no such file or directory" message.

I guess the usb-modeswitch-data package is really needed..

Fred

Boot up, then plug the modem in. What do you see at the end of dmesg?
Newer devices may not need mode switching at all.

mk24 wrote:

Boot up, then plug the modem in. What do you see at the end of dmesg?
Newer devices may not need mode switching at all.

I looked in the Kernel log and I saw something about a GSM USB device. I then decided to create a wan interface and I managed to make it connect the internet. 

Now my router is able to ping google.com. I have enabled DHCP server and WIFI connection. My pc can get a address from the router but I have no internet connection.

Do I have to create a route or something?  I'm sure I am just a little step from getting this to work smile

thanks again!

smile

Everything is working now! A mix of router Firewall misconfiguration and cisco connection manager on my laptop was the problem!

Thank you!

Fred

The discussion might have continued from here.