OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Chaos calmer autostart?

The content of this topic has been archived on 15 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello there. Guys, i'm fighting with tis trouble about two days.
I hav'nt any /etc/init.d/rcS sccript on my router fs, but, i got start system services as a dropbear and another etc.
So, there is my question:"How can i start my service in my router?".
I use sockd with a config to start (i made an /etc/init.d/sockd file with proper functions in it) and try to execute

/etc/init.d/sockd enable

and got proper symlink, but, no any autostart.

Have any ideas ?

Have a look at "/etc/rc.d": there are two symlinks there for each service defined at "/etc/init.d"; one to start the service (called Sxxservce") and another one to stop the service (called Kxxservice). I'm sure there is a utility to create those symlinks, but I never remember the name; you can create them by hand.

They are exists.

/etc/init.d/rcS 

not present

Can you start the service manually?

Maybe the service is initialized too early in the boot process and fails to properly start -- do you have any logging in the service? Does it post anything to the log?

stangri wrote:

Can you start the service manually?

Sure.

stangri wrote:

Maybe the service is initialized too early in the boot process and fails to properly start -- do you have any logging in the service? Does it post anything to the log?

Will check this.

The discussion might have continued from here.