OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: R7000 AC1900 Netgear Nighthawk - No Wireless Menu

The content of this topic has been archived on 9 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

According to the Wiki, I'm to enable the WiFi under the Network menu.  However, there's no menu category for that option. see:imgur.com/KWEn6qi

I had downloaded the version from the wiki, would post a link but am restricted from doing so.

was able to login through ssh, and found out that I don't have an /etc/config/wireless folder.

I've been as far as looking through opkg and the regenerative sequence, but the commands they provided didn't work.

I'm lost.  Did something change in the release, as to how WiFi is enabled?  I would really appreciate any help as to what the cause of this is, and how to fix it.  Thanks.

I haven't worked up the courage to install open wrt yet, im on dd-wrt.
But if you look at the wiki wiki.openwrt.org/toh/netgear/r7000 you will see it says "v1    Chaos Calmer 15.05    Both wireless radios are unsupported (no FOSS driver support)." this might be the reason why you can't activate wifi?

(Last edited by PeterAndersson on 29 Dec 2016, 12:11)

The discussion might have continued from here.