OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: [Solved]Cross-compilation of darkstat program fails due to zlib & pcap

The content of this topic has been archived on 6 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I want to cross-compile a program (darkstat, see https://unix4lyfe.org/darkstat/) for my 15.05.1 ar71xx router.

I just successfully set up my openwrt build system, but the cross-compilation of the program (darkstat) fails due to zlib & pcap. I was able to find zlib and libpcap in make menuconfig and compile the openwrt build system, but I couldn't find them in the the toolchain subdirectories (usr/lib)?

i also did "make package/libpcap compile" and "... install", but still i cant find the libs in the toolchain subdirectories...

Ayn hint?

(Last edited by kilian2050 on 27 Dec 2016, 19:33)

I have removed some of your other posts w.r.t the same topic because it is a violation of OpenWRT forum ToS to cross posting. FYI, if you prefer to post this on the general forum, I will be more than happy to move this post here.

ok, I thought it is a development question. If questions regarding cross compilation are better suited for the general forum, then feel free to move the post.

Solved. I mixed up target dir and toolchain dir for the library path. It's now working.

(Last edited by kilian2050 on 27 Dec 2016, 19:34)

The discussion might have continued from here.