OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: WRT3200ACM Driver Issues

The content of this topic has been archived on 3 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I am presently successfully using OpenWRT installed on a WRT1900ACSv1.
I also own a WRT3200ACM with which there are problems concerning the radios simply disconnecting; this appears to require a router power cycle to rectify.
I believe that there are fundamental problems with the radio drivers in the 3200 firmware - I have seen a suggestion that it is the wrong one!
Could members clarify the situation for me and explain quite where the problem lies, who will provide a solution and how will I find out about any revision or correction.
I have sought to find out from web sites various, but I am afraid that I tend to get a bit lost.

Regards,  lim

My embarrassingly belated thanks for the response.  I have looked at the link provided and see that there are problems with the radio driver(s) - I presume that the statement "Fix is under working" indicates that it is in hand by someone.  A key player seems to be 'yuhhaurlin', but I wonder if this person is connected with Marvel or whether they are part of the OpenWRT community.
The last comment on the topic at the link was 3 weeks ago and one must wonder if it is being taken seriously.  There must be quite a lot of WRT3200s which are not properly usable in a wireless fashion due to this driver problem.  Can anyone explain the sequence of events/how the wheels turn?

Regards,  lim

@lim

Yuhhaurlin is connected to Marvell, not OpenWRT. He (and probably his team) is most likely working on the driver so a fix *should* come up soon.

nitroshift

Thank you Sir.  I shall keep my fingers crossed and keep an eye on this and associated sites.

Happy Christmas,  lim

The discussion might have continued from here.