OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-Link TL-WR1043ND V4

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Mar 2018 and 7 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi, are there any plans to support V4 in a future openwrt release?

I'm also interessted.

Bought one TP-Link TL-WR1043ND at amazon which was labeld as v3...but now I got a v4.

thx
Yugon

Yugon wrote:

I'm also interessted.

Bought one TP-Link TL-WR1043ND at amazon which was labeld as v3...but now I got a v4.

thx
Yugon

Exactly the same thing happened to me. I hope the stock firmware is at least stable....

Hello, i bought the v3 on amazon too, but i received a v4. I hope, the v4 will be supported soon. :-)

I need it too.
Tried to hack the openwrt firmware (as i did for the V3 version) without luck.

waiting for updates

normally how long does it take to have official release?

Looking at the binary differences from the openwrt firmware and the official tp-link firmware, it looks like there is a big piece of code before the usual header that starts at 0x12ab0 instead of 0x0
And there isn't the 104300X code for the version detecting.

So we need support to be compliant with the new bootloader i think.

I have the same problem.
I'm not sure if I just can flash the firmware for V3 ...

new_user wrote:

I have the same problem.

I am pretty sure you will brick it if you were able to flash it. Don't you see the spec page says the chip is different?

ericwongcm wrote:
new_user wrote:

I have the same problem.

I am pretty sure you will brick it if you were able to flash it. Don't you see the spec page says the chip is different?

Yes, I see the difference. I'm just a bit desperate and search for a solution ...

we are working on support for the V4 in LEDE at the moment.
it isn't very similar to the V2/V3 unfortunately and we can't provide a timeline.
stay tuned.

thanks for the update, interested as well

rotanid wrote:

we are working on support for the V4 in LEDE at the moment.
it isn't very similar to the V2/V3 unfortunately and we can't provide a timeline.
stay tuned.

wow! Great news! Thank you very much rotanid! :-)

most work is done by Brother-Lal, you may read the Pull Request #613 on LEDE's GitHub repository to stay up-to-date on the status of the support in LEDE.
(the board software here doesn't allow me to link to it directly)

please don't comment there just to say "i want that" or "do it faster" ;-)

rotanid wrote:

most work is done by Brother-Lal, you may read the Pull Request #613 on LEDE's GitHub repository to stay up-to-date on the status of the support in LEDE.

please don't comment there just to say "i want that" or "do it faster" ;-)

Hey man! I want to thank you guys for porting it to our device.

But isn't LEDE another firmware? And do we get to have OpenWRT too?

Thanks again!

LEDE is based on OpenWRT. see lede-project org site
I saw that the pull request was approved and put into staging, wondering how much time it takes until it's released.

ProudlyTM wrote:

girtsn wrote:

LEDE is based on OpenWRT. see lede-project org site
I saw that the pull request was approved and put into staging, wondering how much time it takes until it's released.

ProudlyTM wrote:

Yeah, I know it's based on OpenWRT, but I was talking about OpenWRT itself.

Also, I hope it won't be long until LEDE gets released! Can't wait to change TP-LINK's stock firmware big_smile

as the openwrt maintainers don't even merge very simple pull requests anymore, we won't invest time in doing a pull request for this device.
you may have to use LEDE or wait/hope for the possible upcoming merge of those 2 projects.

rotanid wrote:

I cant seem to find the pull request. Would you care to send me the link in private?

Thanks!

Dchard

dchard wrote:
rotanid wrote:

I cant seem to find the pull request. Would you care to send me the link in private?

Thanks!

Dchard

github[dot]com[slash]lede-project[slash]source[slash]pull[slash]613

I posted it here because I don't find a PM option on your profile.

(Last edited by ProudlyTM on 18 Dec 2016, 14:34)

FYI, the changes are now in included upstream LEDE.

Installed, seems ok so far. Thanks a lot!

Anything missing from the build? i.e. USB features, etc.

Spider-Vice wrote:

Anything missing from the build? i.e. USB features, etc.

I don't think anything is missing.. Just that it's a bit harder to set up a USB media server than with TP-Link stock firmware