OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Linksys 1900AC no power led / bricked strange way / no uart boot

The content of this topic has been archived on 20 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

So ..

My router has a strange issues:

- no power led on boot , actually no leds at all, only the two wifi leds are flashing one time if i turn it off

i loaded the 15.05.1 firmware into it, and it was working great until the router hanged so i had to reset it off/on

After this it is bricked.

I had this before i thought the power supply was dead but not. The first time i had this no response situation i let the router
for few weeks offline , coz i thought its fully dead, but somehow after this time i plugged the power and it was booting normal, but its again bricked cos of the on/off reboot.

I have a PL2303 HX usb-ttl serial cable , has followed the instructions but no luck mostly.

I get not further than "sending boot message. reboot the target \"

Mostly 99% it stops there. I had one time the image was not uploaded error message and the router seemed to work for few minutes, i got wifi, then it was dead again.

I followed the wiki page info to uart boot - no luck , the putty from windows - no luck

Maybe you have some new ideas.

(Last edited by microsoundfield on 23 Oct 2016, 09:48)

Please post entire boot log.

nitroshift

em .. im not sure  ...

how to get this log ?? sorry

martin

i cant get a connection to the router via serial i guess ... im doing it for the first time ...

i tried to connect on osx from terminal via screen but the window is empty

i tried to boot in linux via kwboot , but it seems there is a problem too

please advise me to get this log

thx .

i just messured the Voltage on the switch its about 2,89V , the 12V are coming from the power supply, but on the switch (red box on the mainboard) the two lines going in itz ~2,89V

This should be so ??

The discussion might have continued from here.