OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Help me to find superFX sram datasheet

The content of this topic has been archived on 12 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I'm looking for the sram datasheets from either doom (LH52A512NF-10TLL) or stuntrace FX (KM68512LG-7).

What I am trying to do is upgrade a Yoshi Island's sram from 256Kb to 1Mb. Why? Because from looking at the Doom PCB found here it has 512K/1M. Now I know SuperFX games never use 1M of ram but from what Doom's PCB suggests Nintendo planned to have SuperFX games to have at most 1M of ram. I wanted a cart that maxes out to that spec for the most compatible superFX cart for shits and giggles.

I have hit a snag in researching though. Finding the pin out on the larger sram SFX games has not been easy. The closest thing I could find is this and that can't be right because looking at Yoshi Island I can see pins 1, 30, and 32 are connected to power or ground and Doom looks to have pin 22 is also connected to ground so these chips are not matching up with the datasheet I found.

Thanks for any help and info.

Also if anyone wants to make my search for buying a 1M sram chip easier by telling me where I can get one that would also be cool!

(Last edited by peanutbutter101 on 10 Oct 2016, 07:55)

I wanted to avoid making an adapter but it's looking more like I'm going to have to because finding something compatible doesn't seem to exist anymore.

The discussion might have continued from here.