OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Gobi Drivers for Openwrt

The content of this topic has been archived on 6 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,

I'm just getting back into compiling my own openwrt firmwares for some routers.  I currently have a zbt we826 with a MC7455 in the mini pcie slot for wwan.  Everything currently works with MBIM.

Just for my own personal growth and satisfaction, I would like to get the modem to work in QMI mode with the official Gobi drivers.

This will require compiling the drivers myself since they're not in the mainline linux kernel.  Is there a tutorial on how to do this?  Did someone out there already do this?

Thanks.

calimansi wrote:

Hi,

I'm just getting back into compiling my own openwrt firmwares for some routers.  I currently have a zbt we826 with a MC7455 in the mini pcie slot for wwan.  Everything currently works with MBIM.

Just for my own personal growth and satisfaction, I would like to get the modem to work in QMI mode with the official Gobi drivers.

This will require compiling the drivers myself since they're not in the mainline linux kernel.  Is there a tutorial on how to do this?  Did someone out there already do this?

Thanks.

Take a look at any of the existing packages for out-of-tree modules and create your own.  The current drivers from Sierra are in a really good shape, and should not require anything out of the ordinary.

One tip to save you from unnecessary hair-pulling: make sure to set "RAWIP" when building GobiNet, or it will fail to load on the MC7455. They made this a build time option for some strange reason, and the error messages are not exactly helpful.

The discussion might have continued from here.