OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Git repos

The content of this topic has been archived on 30 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Former is from a GitHUB server while the later is from OpenWRT Git server.

That's obvious info that one can infer from the URLs. What is the difference in the content? Which one is official? Are they in sync?

mazilo wrote:

streisand.hero wrote:

That's obvious info that one can infer from the URLs. What is the difference in the content? Which one is official? Are they in sync?

mazilo wrote:

That is exactly what I provided above when you asked this question Can some explain the difference between.

Until recently github was just a mirror, now the one at github appears to be the canonical repository while the one at openwrt.org is abandoned.

Thanks for the clarification sera. Working more on the code has made me realize that the git on openwrt.org has all the targets I need (and the nightly-builds are based on this, I guess as the targets I am observing get built). Whereas the one on the github seems to have more fixes.

sera wrote:

Until recently github was just a mirror, now the one at github appears to be the canonical repository while the one at openwrt.org is abandoned.

Some changes from lede are being back-ported to owrt by @wigyori et al.

(Last edited by aafj on 27 Jul 2016, 18:36)

streisand.hero wrote:

Working more on the code has made me realize that the git on openwrt.org has all the targets I need (and the nightly-builds are based on this, I guess as the targets I am observing get built). Whereas the one on the github seems to have more fixes.

You can use both in your local git repo is you want. Just add the second with "git remote add <name> <url>"

I found the git.openwrt.org repo stop update. The latest commit is on Jun 30.
But repo on github seems become the active repo. Some activities show on "Pull request" and "Issues"
https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/commits/

OpenWRT developers transfer to use github maybe.

The discussion might have continued from here.