OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: DNS Problem or other problem?

The content of this topic has been archived on 22 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I run into this weird situation recently. I have 3 bridged aps which get there ips from a router(dhcp). If I set three SSIDs to the same, and connect my samsung s4(i9500) to it. I can not open any webs or renew my NEWS-apps. But I can still send messages out from ICQ or other APPS. Looks like a DNS probelm.  I tried  : " tcpdump -nn -i br-lan host ip-of-my-phone and udp port 53 ",  get nothing when opening webs or renewing NEWS-apps, and get right dns requests when sending messages out from ICQ. What is even  more strange is that only my phone has this problem, not samsung s7, iphone6, HUAWEI honor6(They open webs normally and tcpdump shows right requests). I am not sure if anyother cell-phone has this problem.
This also happens when I set two SSIDs to the same (Normal at this moment) and adding one more SSID(Abnormal Now).

My SDK version is : trunk-r49086
SOC is : Qualcomm Atheros 9531
Borad type is: AP147

Any help and suggestion will be appreciated.
Thanks a lot.

(Last edited by blademaster98 on 16 Jun 2016, 06:45)

Anybody help ? This is really a big issue.

More information: 15.05 is the same and 14.07 is not.

(Last edited by blademaster98 on 16 Jun 2016, 04:58)

Ok, Problem solved. This is really disappointing, Since nobody found this small default-config related issue.
But the consequences is catastrophic.

Would you care to share the details of your solution.  While no one was able to help you, maybe you can help others.

The discussion might have continued from here.